Dragon's Crown

Brawlers and Beatemups
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon's Crown

Post by ninjainspandex »

cha cha wrote:This game is free for PS+ members as of August 5th!!

Fuck really? I bought the PS3 version on launch and I just bought a used copy of the Vita version for $20. Oh well Vanillaware deserves my money.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

:lol: @ Zenerik- everyone's got opinions... too bad yours sucks!

@ ninja- Yea I bought both versions full retail, but definitely got my money's worth out of them. Played with a local- 4 man group and another online group and maxed out 10 separate characters (at the time the level cap was 99, it is now 250.... of which only main main(est) character is :lol: )
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ZenErik wrote:Pleasantly surprised with how forgettable the game is? Meh. The good thing is that while Dragon's Crown isn't worth playing the devs at least put out some great Muramasa DLC over the past year. :)

Finally got around to playing it... Not a huge fan. Feels clunky like Odin Sphere, was hoping it was fast and streamlined like Muramasa. Oh well.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

@ Bone- I mean, to each their own. I'm not a fan of making "my opinion is more valid than yours" type statements, so I say "to each their own" often in it's place... But what about this game is clunky? Have you played it with 4 characters/co-op yet? What isn't streamlined or fast about it?

It's all completely subjective opinions of course, but I love this game more than the Capcom D&D beat 'em ups it was obviously inspired by! I know some people are not a fan of the artwork, okay, can't help ya there... But the gameplay is pretty awesome, especially the fun combos you can develop with different specs on your characters.

The one flaw I can see many taking issue with, is how slow the leveling is at the beginning of the game and how tedious some of the early missions are for low level characters. But I consider that kind of a minor knock in the scheme of judging overall gameplay and enjoyability.
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

I played and finished this upon release (got the pre-order artbook as well) and I really enjoyed it. It has an old-school feel to it not easily found on consoles today and we were very lucky indeed to actually get a physical release. I'm still trying to find a cheap sealed copy for my collection just for giggles.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:I played and finished this upon release (got the pre-order artbook as well) and I really enjoyed it. It has an old-school feel to it not easily found on consoles today and we were very lucky indeed to actually get a physical release. I'm still trying to find a cheap sealed copy for my collection just for jiggles.

ftfy
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

flex wood wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:I played and finished this upon release (got the pre-order artbook as well) and I really enjoyed it. It has an old-school feel to it not easily found on consoles today and we were very lucky indeed to actually get a physical release. I'm still trying to find a cheap sealed copy for my collection just for jiggles.

ftfy

FatPrincess.jpg
FatPrincess.jpg (42.46 KiB) Viewed 2348 times

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:
flex wood wrote:

ftfy

FatPrincess.jpg

Is that Moviebob?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
ZenErik wrote:Pleasantly surprised with how forgettable the game is? Meh. The good thing is that while Dragon's Crown isn't worth playing the devs at least put out some great Muramasa DLC over the past year. :)

Finally got around to playing it... Not a huge fan. Feels clunky like Odin Sphere, was hoping it was fast and streamlined like Muramasa. Oh well.

Yeah. It sucks.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

:lol: This place is hilarious sometimes... Ah well, can't win 'em all over.

If this game came out when it was originally designed and planned for the Dreamcast, it would have been hailed as one of the definitive/must have games for the system and retrofans would be slobbin' it's nob on these types of forums all day... But I digress.

All I can do is speak my peace and move on. I'm here if anyone ever wants to play or learn about the interesting things this game's 'end game' has to offer!