What sports game are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What sports game are you playing?

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so I'm 9 games into a perfect season of Madden 08. Feeling good.

What difficulty?

whatever difficulty it is when you turn the game on?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I am about to start up a new season of Virtua Tennis 2009. I am not a tennis fan, but the series is just absorbing. It is really just VT3 with more options, but I still have alot of fun with it. For reasons I cannot explain, I have a desire to play tennis games around Christmas. Tennis games and Goldeneye.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

fastbilly1 wrote:I am about to start up a new season of Virtua Tennis 2009. I am not a tennis fan, but the series is just absorbing. It is really just VT3 with more options, but I still have alot of fun with it. For reasons I cannot explain, I have a desire to play tennis games around Christmas. Tennis games and Goldeneye.

Be sure to play Wimbledon on the Genesis if you haven't already. The game still holds up rather well.
Aramonde
128-bit

Post by Aramonde »

SpaceBooger wrote:Playing Tecmo Throwback on my PS3.

It's on sale right now for $0.99 as part of a DOA add on pack. You don't have to download the add on stuff, just the ten dollar game for one dollar.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP4108-NPUB50055_00-B000000000000130

Wow thanks man! I've always wanted to try it out but not for ten bucks.

Also if you want to download it off PSN on PS3 go to Games -> Discounts -> New Budles it should be in the top right corner.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Luke wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so I'm 9 games into a perfect season of Madden 08. Feeling good.

"If you have a perfect season in any Madden game, at some point you quit a game and restarted"- Bill Simmons

Out of nearly 20 years of playing Madden, I agree with Bill. I've had a few perfect seasons, but at some point during a perfect run the AI goes nuts on your, well, nuts.

Against the cpu it isn't tough. Though M25 on all madden difficulty is actually difficult this year. I'd also lose to the cpu sometimes in NCAA using 1* schools in dynasties. Up until recently, the AI was easy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

@Luke: I have not restarted any of these games at all. This 9-win streak has been legit starting with training camp. And I don't plan to re-start if (when) I do finally lose a game. At this point it's just kind of awesome seeing how far I can make it without losing. But honestly, I haven't found the default CPU that difficult. The only teams that put up a good fight so far were the Bills and the Colts.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:@Luke: I have not restarted any of these games at all. This 9-win streak has been legit starting with training camp. And I don't plan to re-start if (when) I do finally lose a game. At this point it's just kind of awesome seeing how far I can make it without losing. But honestly, I haven't found the default CPU that difficult. The only teams that put up a good fight so far were the Bills and the Colts.

Sine you are playing as the '07-'08 Pats it is very likely you will go undefeated and then lose in the Super Bowl to a vastly inferior team. Try turning on "spy cam" cheat mode to find success in the playoffs...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:Try turning on "spy cam" cheat mode to find success in the playoffs...

I don't know what that is, but it's been my goal to see how far I can make it through playing completely vanilla. After this season I'll look into tweaking things further.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

you missed the joke(s)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:you missed the joke(s)

dammit.

The first part I thought was a joke, but also kind of true. Meaning, I figured you were saying the 07/08 Pats were kickass. Which they seem to be in this game. Randy Moss is insane.

The second part... went over my head. :oops: :lol: