iPhone 5

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Re: iPhone 5

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

noiseredux wrote:I've never seen an iPhone do anything that I was like "oh damn, I wish my Droid could do that."

... and vice versa.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I've never seen an iPhone do anything that I was like "oh damn, I wish my Droid could do that."

... and vice versa.

well no not really. Like JMustang said... I've heard people say "I wish I could put external memory in my iPhone." Or "could use a standard USB cable." Or "could remove the battery." Etc.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I can think of a few things for both.

I wish my Android phone supported giving me a battery percentage up top without the need for separate apps or custom ROMs. I wish Android and phone manufacturers would start making nice compact phones again instead of bigger and bigger screens.

I wish the iPhone had a better maps application. iOS6 was supposed to bring that, but it appears to be a disaster so far. I wish the iPhone supported FLAC natively. And prior to the iPhone 5 announcement I wished it had LTE.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Pfft. iPhone.

N-Gage or nothing.

(Hipster glasses on!)
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

dsheinem wrote: Contracts can be had for as little as $50ish a month last i checked.

Which provider offers a $50/month plan? Looking at Apple's website, it seems the cheapest is with ATT where you pay $59/month (before taxes) to get 450mins, 300MB data, and pay-as-you-go-texting.

Personally, I don't care about the talk minutes. Only the data cost/limit.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

noiseredux wrote:
xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:

... and vice versa.

well no not really. Like JMustang said... I've heard people say "I wish I could put external memory in my iPhone." Or "could use a standard USB cable." Or "could remove the battery." Etc.

External storage and a standard USB - OK, but those aren't really "do's".
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

My girlfriend just picked one up this morning, been playing with it while she is at work.

Sure it is looks a biter nicer, headphones are better (I don't use Apple headphones anyway), the screen res is better, however I see no reason at all to upgrade from an iPhone 4/4s, my 4s does everything I want it to and pretty quickly.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

emwearz wrote:My girlfriend just picked one up this morning, been playing with it while she is at work.

Sure it is looks a biter nicer, headphones are better (I don't use Apple headphones anyway), the screen res is better, however I see no reason at all to upgrade from an iPhone 4/4s, my 4s does everything I want it to and pretty quickly.

If you like the new iOS6 features it would be wise to at least have a 4S, which you do have. Apple routinely shafts older models to encourage upgrading. The regular iPhone 4 is excluded from a bunch of new iOS 6 features despite likely being perfectly capable.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Basically, the phones are so close now, that it is all nuances and personal preferences really.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Jmustang1968 wrote:Basically, the phones are so close now, that it is all nuances and personal preferences really.

As I explained to you a little while ago, it basically comes down to just liking the smaller/slimmer iPhone becasue it fits better in my tight hipster jeans.