Podcast Questions for You, Podcast Questions for Us!

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast Mailbag

Post by noiseredux »

this is for you and John, right?

Q. wouldn't it be cool if we saw a sequel to Bloodrayne Betrayal show up on PSN?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:this is for WayForward, right?

Q. What's the chance that we'll see a sequel to Bloodrayne Betrayal show up on PSN?

no, it is for John and I
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

one hour to go time, last call for this episode!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I would love to hear all the updates on Caine's Arcade, his scholarship, and if Keith Apicary plans to use Caine's Arcade as a possible location for a new dance video.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Recording again this week. Time to start putting in some questions for ep 35.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Do you believe contextual advertising has a place in online-enabled video games? Say, for instance, a game like Battlefield 2142 or Saints Row 2 may have billboards which change every few updates to advertise real products because companies pay the respective creators to issue new texture packs featuring brand logos?

It used to be that companies had to make games based off of major properties and then watch as those games lived or died based on their quality (consider many property-based games such as Pepsi Man, the various Batman games, Knight Rider, etc.) But, with video games now connected to online servers for real time updates, you could effectively show a character drinking a carbonated beverage in a scene, then follow that with an update which changes said carbonated beverage to a Coke, followed by a later updated which changes it to a Pepsi, and then eventually reverts back to the original off brand beverage. Could this be a new and viable means for dev. companies to gain advertising revenue (possibly allowing them to make additional revenue to help lessen the perceived blow of the used game industry), or does this sort of internal and evolving advertising tarnish the image of video games?

If I need to explain that better, let me know.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

We are recording tonight, last chance to get some questons in for ep 35
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

We're recording tomorrow - have any questions you want us to tackle? Need our opinion on something? Have some insults to hurl?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

there are certain games I consider to be fun Summer games in the truest sense: meaning they're actually Summer-themed. Things like Jaws Unleashed come to mind, or various beach volleyball games (Summer Heat on PS2, Beach Spikers on GCN, etc). What are some Summer-themed games you guys would recommend to listeners?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:there are certain games I consider to be fun Summer games in the truest sense: meaning they're actually Summer-themed. Things like Jaws Unleashed come to mind, or various beach volleyball games (Summer Heat on PS2, Beach Spikers on GCN, etc). What are some Summer-themed games you guys would recommend to listeners?

thanks, noise!

1 hour until record time - last chance for questions/topics!