Happy Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Happy Thanx Given - What are you doing?

Post by retrosportsgamer »

After football and family, I'm hoping to start Skyward Sword tonight while the wife goes to bed early (sister and mother are coming here also) for shopping tomorrow.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Ziggy587 wrote:Well I'm back and bloated. I don't stuff myself, but a Thanksgiving dinner makes you tired and/or sick anyway. Time for some DKC Returns!

Funny enough, this is exactly what I did last year also.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - Eat till you pass out day! :lol:
Same as last year, I woke up at five this morning to bake another 25 pound bird. One of my Relatives spotted a thirty pound turkey two weeks ago and asked if I wanted it. Too soon and no room in the freezer. Oh well, 25 pound should be plenty for the first few hours, I married into a HUGE family. :D

As I'm typing this, flicked the News on. There are already people with tents camped out for Black Friday, the fools!

Rybags at Atari Age wrote:Call the cops and tell them there's another "Occupy" protest starting up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

CRTGAMER wrote:As I'm typing this, flicked the News on. There are already people with tents camped out for Black Friday, the fools!

I'm really hoping Jefferson City is small enough of a town that there won't be campers already. I'm planning to head out about 9 PM tonight.

For my Thanksgiving, I'm having turkey, rolls, cream cheese mashed potatoes, three kinds of pie, and soda. I'll probably spend the rest of the week eating the same thing over and over until I'm sick of Thanksgiving food.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Pikachu float!
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Happy Thanksgiving people :D
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I work tonight! Oooh boy.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

AppleQueso wrote:I work tonight! Oooh boy.

At Walmart, right? I bet that's gonna suck.

Are the employees allowed to take part in the sales?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Not on the clock.

We're pretty much limited to either doing it on lunch (and spending your whole lunch hour in line) or waiting until we get off and picking from whatever is left over. I don't remember how time limited the sales are.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Well, I've got to rake leaves, then eat dinner at 4:00. Then I'll probably just play videogames until I feel like sleeping.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.