Anyone else avoid going Super Sonic in the Mega Drive games?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone else avoid going Super Sonic in the Mega Drive ga

Post by ZeroAX »

BoringSupreez wrote:I usually avoid getting all the emeralds. I go for six, just for the challenge, but stop there. Super Sonic makes the game too easy.

How about just not getting 50 rings?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

ZeroAX wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:I usually avoid getting all the emeralds. I go for six, just for the challenge, but stop there. Super Sonic makes the game too easy.

How about just not getting 50 rings?

It's a lot easier not to get the seventh chaos emerald than it is to avoid getting 50 rings.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

BoringSupreez wrote:It's a lot easier not to get the seventh chaos emerald than it is to avoid getting 50 rings.

Really? I just walk into some spikes every time I get close/over 50 rings.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I don't try and get them anymore. It's not a problem in Sonic 3 and Knuckles since you can use Mushroom Hill act 1 to unlock the Doomsday Zone once you've beaten the game. It makes Sonic 3 and Knuckles way too easy especially because you can get Super Sonic so early in the game.

In Sonic 2 it's a lot harder but Super Sonic is more of a hindrance than a help in that game. He's just too uncontrollable and I've killed myself with him by making the game glitch more than a few times. I also hate that the transformation is triggered by a jump instead of a double jump so it's hard to avoid changing sometimes if there's nothing around to hurt you or you have to jump.
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

I play the game and collect the emeralds as I go. I don't really care if I end up getting them all or not.

I've never actually gotten all of the emeralds in Sonic 2 legitimately though. I hate the special stages in that game.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

The big problem everybody's talking about is Sonic 2... you guys DO know there's a play as Tails option that makes going Super impossible, right?
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

GameMasterGuy wrote:The big problem everybody's talking about is Sonic 2... you guys DO know there's a play as Tails option that makes going Super impossible, right?

Who wants to play as Tails though? xD
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

ZeroAX wrote:
GameMasterGuy wrote:The big problem everybody's talking about is Sonic 2... you guys DO know there's a play as Tails option that makes going Super impossible, right?

Who wants to play as Tails though? xD

Unlike in S3, he doesn't break the level design, I don't see the problem.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

GameMasterGuy wrote:Unlike in S3, he doesn't break the level design, I don't see the problem.

It's a matter of principal :lol:
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

My post mentioned Sonic 2, but it pretty much refers to all of the classic Sonic games. I consider myself fairly capable when it comes to the special stages for Sonic 1, 3, & Knuckles, but Sonic 2's... yeesh. I'll pass.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?