Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Post by Hobie-wan »

The value of a signed anything is really hard to gauge. I imagine it is easier with sports and movie memorabilia where there tend to be quite a few more balls, helmets, and 8x10s floating around with signatures on them. Without going off past sales history it's difficult and with only 100 that's even harder.
grambo

Post by grambo »

Any idea what a Odyssey 5000 is worth?
I have the original box, no instructions. The box is in rough shape, unsure if it works or not as i don't have the hook ups for that TV at the moment. But let's assume it does work.

Any ideas?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

That's a Pong console right?

I don't think those are worth a fortune. I won an auction for a 4000 on eBay for $20-something. I don't think any Odyssey's are worth big bucks except for the original system from '72.
grambo

Post by grambo »

yeah it is one of those old school pong ones. I know the 5000 was a prototype that never really got circulated. I'm guessing that's why i'm having trouble pricing one!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oooohhh in that case you might be in luck.

Try to get the TV hookups, they are fun to play.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Never seen an Odyssey 5000 for sale. The 1972 runs can do $150-300 boxed, working, decent shape or even more if sealed, up to a few thousand.

Was the 5000 ever released? Are there known numbers of existing prototypes? I'd guess it is rarer than the 1972 1st runs, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is more in demand.

If you do list it, i'd list it at something like $5,000 / best offer on ebay. Put in the listing you've been unable find data on value so if you are off base you'll gladly listen to reasonable offers.

If you get nothing but $30 offers, then you'll have a good idea.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I am planning on selling my working Apple ][e with lots of software on 5 1/4 floppy disks (mostly educational stuff), a pair of Disk II drives and (what appears to be) a receipt printer. The Apple Monitor has a broken plug, but the computer can output composite video to any generic TV set. I think I'll offer the buyer the Apple monitor for free if he wants it, or maybe I shouldn't even show him the monitor; Maybe I should just tell him to use his TV set while I throw the monitor away.

So what's it worth?
zombi
8-bit

The "Would You Pay THIS For THAT?" Thread

Post by zombi »

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is in the right area or even if this is allowed here. I know that there is a area to check prices and what not, but I know that there are plenty of collectors out there that want to get honest opinions about someone's potential purchase before they go through with it. I'm a sucker for second-guessing myself.

Some people don't know any better as they aren't familiar enough with the hobby yet, while others may just be on the fence about making a purchase.

I figured people can just post some things here to get honest opinions from fellow collectors.

====================

I'll start:

I have a guy offering the following for $150:

1. Rygar
2. Adventure Island
3. Kid Kool
4. Castle Quest
5. Adventures of Dine Riki
6. Top Gun
7. Hydlide
8. Time Lord
9. Legend of Kage
10. Rambo
11. Mappy Land
12. Legendary Wings
13. Immortal
14. Karnov
15. Wizards and Warriors
16. Battle of Olympus
17. Boy and His Blob
18. Iron Sword
19. Demon Sword
20. Solomons Key
21. Kid Niki
22. Kick Master
23. Excite Bike
24. Power Blade
25. Shadowgate
26. Xenophobe
27. Terra Cresta
28. Willow
29. Ninja Kid
30. Asynax
31. Super Off Road
32. Spelunker
33. Dragon Warrior
34. Gradius
35. Journey to Silius
36. Adventures of Lolo
37. Crystalis
38. Batman
39. Bionic Commando
40. Contra
41. Rampage
42. Narc
43. Solstice
44. Abadox
45. Deadly Towers
46. Legacy of the Wizard
47. Flying Dragon
48. Renegade
49. Mickeys Mousecapade
50. Wrath of the Black Manta
51. Miltons Secret Castle
52. Metal Gear
53. Rescue Rangers
54. Startropics 2 Zodas Revenge
55. Arkanoid
56. Castlevania Simons Quest
57. Cobra Triangle
58. Rocket Ranger
59. Dash Galaxy in Alien Asylum
60. Strider

All of these comes with NES Dust covers and he is including a 14(?) slot faux-leather game case.

What do you think of this deal? I'm strongly leaning towards Yes.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: The "Would You Pay THIS For THAT?" Thread

Post by TSTR »

Yes, this is a good deal. I think somewhere we have an "Is this a good deal?" thread, but I am too lazy to look it up.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: The "Would You Pay THIS For THAT?" Thread

Post by Gunstar Green »

Well look at it this way, it comes out to $2.50 a game and quite a few of them are worth more, especially Kick Master which I can't find a decent price on myself. Not a bad deal at all.

And it's neat to get a whole lot like that with dust covers!

Before Dave gets here to do it for us, have a link to the dedicated "What is this Worth?" thread since it already deals with this sort of thing: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19555

Also, welcome to Racketboy!
Last edited by Gunstar Green on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.