Anyone know how the Segagaga translation is coming along?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
christoph
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone know how the Segagaga translation is coming along?

Post by christoph »

Man that makes me want to play these even more... its only been like 5 years..lol
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone know how the Segagaga translation is coming along

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Well, the guy did ask for help from the DC homebrew devs out there to help him with the project, but I guess nobody ever offered to help.

I mean you can't really get mad at him, it is a very daunting task to translate a japanese game fully like this.

A guy named Nebelwurfer just finished translating the Jap game Advanced Daisenryaku 2001. I am now sending him an email as we speak to see if he could team up with the guy translating Segagaga. Cross your fingers and hope he says yes! :mrgreen:
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Kanji is much different compared to latin. Cryllic is basicaly a form of greek alphabet, and is much closer related to latin than Kanji is. Kanji is like a hieroglyphic and phonetic hybrid writing system, which means their words are like pictures, but have phonetical uses when many are combined to make words.

Space Channel 5 part 2 was translated pretty easy because they used the PS2 videos from the US version of the game and added it to the game. Shenmue 2 was also translated with the American Xbox English voices, and it is surprisingly good. If you would liek to get that version, I have posted it here for those that didn't know Shenmue 2 has English voices now.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 37&t=40768

Take your pick, it comes in 2 flavors, one for standard 80min cdr's, and a second higher quality one for 90min cdr's.
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but I thought the guy doing the Segagaga translation said the translating was complete, its just the patching and a few other things that are not done..
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

If that were true then it would be great. I'm sure he would have said something by now if it was. I have no idea if it was though.
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

I would donate to this guy to get it done too..

:?
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

I just got a reply from the guy that did the Advanced War translation, and he said he sticks to war and simulation games mostly and he would not be interested in translating Segagaga, so atleast he responded back so you guys aren't kept in the dark.