Favorite VS game?

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite VS game?

Post by noiseredux »

o.pwuaioc wrote:Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

:lol:

(was a joke, right?)
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

noiseredux wrote:
TheRev wrote:Capcom just had all sorts of Dick moves with Street Fighter X Tekken that I didn't buy it out of Principal.

but that's my point. I feel like a lot of the complaining done about SFxT is by folks who didn't play it.

I have played it in store. It feels like an unfinished mess. and I have great anger towards those who bought the game telling Capcom "hey it's ok to keep fucking us over"
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dsheinem wrote:
SF X Tekken is awesome. Fuck the haters.

The designers dropped the ball on this one. Not a bad game by any stretch, but so much potential lost. It's SF X SF cartoon style Tekken, not SF X Tekken. The only stuff "Tekken" about the game are the characters names and designs (and some moves).

But I had high expectations. I thought I would get Street Fighter style VS Tekken style. But the game is simply SFIV with different sprites.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Luke wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
SF X Tekken is awesome. Fuck the haters.

The designers dropped the ball on this one. Not a bad game by any stretch, but so much potential lost. It's SF X SF cartoon style Tekken, not SF X Tekken. The only stuff "Tekken" about the game are the characters names and designs (and some moves).

But I had high expectations. I thought I would get Street Fighter style VS Tekken style. But the game is simply SFIV with different sprites.

wait for Tekken X SF, probably this year
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

TheRev wrote:It feels like an unfinished mess.

what specifically felt unfinished to you?

It's basically the SF4 engine (finsihed) with a bunch of new characters to pick from. I don't really get the "unfinished" argument.

And again, I don't feel F'd over by Capcom seeing as how I felt I got a very enjoyable game that I spent a lot of hours with for my money. Really "fun way to spend time" should be the ultimate goal of a game shouldn't it?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Sorry guys...we all know that Vs. Castlevania is the best in the Vs. series. (Vs. Super Mario Bros. was pretty awesome too.)

I hope that clarifies everything.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

wait for Tekken X SF, probably this year

Right here :mrgreen: Though it may not make it out by this year (at least on consoles).

what specifically felt unfinished to you?

Agree here. I wouldn't call it unfinished... but most DEF unpolished. the upcoming Ver. 2013 is more than proof of this.

In any event. Almost every game listed by the OP, has something that always has me going back to play such wonderful fighters.
Xmen vs. SF was such a broken game that it essentially balances itself out :lol: Great Visuals, a truly wonderful first attempt.

MSH vs. SF doesn't get much love, but i always seem to find a reason to look at its positives. Perhaps the most striking and admirable thing to me about the game is that Capcom actually went and gave their entire SF roster (and even some of the Marvel roster) brand new theme songs that actually sound REALLY good. Ryu, Sakura, Akuma theme in this game sound SO wonderful. (i find it so sad that Capcom once again remixed the usual themes for their MvC3 series instead of coming up with new material or better yet remixing the tracks that only exist in MSH vs. SF :( )

MVC1 is truly a great game that deserves some play even after being overshadowed by respective sequels. It still has many wonderful mechanics that can only be found here. I really enjoyed the Special Partner Assist system and the Duo Team Attack only complimented the chaos that is the Marvel vs. series. The latter received additional substance on the Dreamcast thanks to its exclusive 4 player mode.

MVC2 is everlasting. It'll never truly go away. People still play this even after it long overdue sequel has released.

CVS series is just awesome. I love both entries on equal ground.

SVC Chaos... even with its shortcomings and problems, I have to admit is still a rather fun game to play. Hoping a sequel for this particular game will see the light of day.

TVC is was a wonderful surprise. I actually prefer this to the MVC3 releases.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

noiseredux wrote:And again, I don't feel F'd over by Capcom seeing as how I felt I got a very enjoyable game that I spent a lot of hours with for my money. Really "fun way to spend time" should be the ultimate goal of a game shouldn't it?

I ignored it on release because I disagree about how Capcom handles the DLC. I wound up getting it with the 25th Anniversary box...but have still not bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the same principle.

Basically, I don't like how they maintain a "once DLC, always DLC" mentality with their games. Not a fan of doing DLC characters in the first place, but to me they should be rolled into the next disc release. Offhand, I think Capcom is the only one who doesn't do that. The DLC just keeps being applicable to the next release too.

As a game, Capcom X Tekken was enjoyable enough, though I've never really cared for Tekken so that half of the roster does nothing for me.

Favorites...I'd say Capcom vs SNK 2 and Marvel vs Capcom 2. I think I got the most enjoyment out of those back in college with my roommates n' such.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I've pretty much stopped caring about VS games, or fighters in general. Though if the stars aligned, miracles happened, and we got a Marvel vs DC, I'd be screaming, "Take my money Capcom!"

It's every geeky, fanboy argument come to life. Even better, Marvel vs DC vs Capcom. The universe would explode from all that awesomeness in one game.

Honestly, I just want a goddamn Capcom fighting game with Batman in it. You know damn well he'd be a top tier character. Super move - opponent is swarmed by bats. Then you can form the 3 person dream team of Bats, Wonder Woman, and Superman.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

CD AGES wrote:SVC Chaos... even with its shortcomings and problems, I have to admit is still a rather fun game to play. Hoping a sequel for this particular game will see the light of day.

Neo Geo Battle Coliseum is basically SVC Chaos 2 without the C.