Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by Bradtemple87 »

the7k wrote:I'm just glad it's not called the NGP anymore. There's only one NGP in my life, thank you.

I'm interested. Far more interested in the PSV than I was the 3DS. I just hope there is no region lock-out. I know ModNation Racers is going to be the first game I buy for it. =P The Cross-Platform functions really interest me as well - playing on the go, then saving to the cloud and picking back up at home on the PS3? Friggin' amazing.

Bingo, I'm very excited for a change :)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

the7k wrote: I know ModNation Racers is going to be the first game I buy for it. =P The Cross-Platform functions really interest me as well - playing on the go, then saving to the cloud and picking back up at home on the PS3? Friggin' amazing.

Is this cross platform thing real? If so then you just piqued my interest right there. I didn't care untill I read this in your post and if it's a real thing then I may just have to pick one up.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Droid party wrote:Is this cross platform thing real? If so then you just piqued my interest right there. I didn't care untill I read this in your post and if it's a real thing then I may just have to pick one up.

Well, for example - there's a game called Ruin coming out. You can play it on the PSV. You can play it on the PS3. It's the exact same game either way. You can play on the PSV, save, quit, and reload on the PS3 from where you left off - and vice versa. Moreover, you can play with and against PSV and PS3 users regardless of which version you are playing.

The game Dust 514 is supposed to do the same thing. Moreover, the actions you take in Dust 514 will affect the world of EVE Online on the PC - while actions in EVE Online will affect the world of Dust 514.

As for ModNation and LBP2, I'm not totally sure what the cross-platform functions will be, but I definitely remember them saying that all content created on the PS3 versions can be used on the PSV versions.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Betamax001 wrote:Also I think UMD is a stupid name. It's not really Universal if they only thing they work on is a PSP. :lol:

they called it that because they intended other devices to use it too. It just didn't catch on.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I don't mind the name, I think PSV has a nice sound to it.

Sounds like a venereal disease to me. That said, I am impressed, but won't be buying one any time soon.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I know I'm probably rather isolated in this but I like that the system will have in-built GPS (most gamers won't care as they either won't use it or already have a dedicated device).

I keep wanting to get a GPS, but I can not justify a dedicated one as I would use it very few times - the problem is the few times I would use it, I could really benefit from it.

As usual, Sony will be taking a loss on the hardware so I will probably jump in to be subsidized. The specs look quite impressive for the price. I also hope it will force Nintendo to make a decent price cut on the 3DS.

Ivo.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Droid party wrote:
the7k wrote: I know ModNation Racers is going to be the first game I buy for it. =P The Cross-Platform functions really interest me as well - playing on the go, then saving to the cloud and picking back up at home on the PS3? Friggin' amazing.

Is this cross platform thing real? If so then you just piqued my interest right there. I didn't care untill I read this in your post and if it's a real thing then I may just have to pick one up.

What the7k said & Wipeout 2049 allows races against PS3 Wipeout HD players. Sony had been demoing this for at least a week before E3.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

wip3outguy7 wrote: Sony had been demoing this for at least a week before E3.

Really? I guess I just haven't really paid any attention to psv at all since it was announced. But that really is a cool feature.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Droid party wrote:Really? I guess I just haven't really paid any attention to psv at all since it was announced. But that really is a cool feature.

LOL, if it had not have been Wipeout, I probably wouldn't have noticed either.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

If it's region-free I'd get a PSV before I get a 3DS.