Capcom vs. Snk 2

Brawlers and Beatemups
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

Post by Fragems »

I had a question about the EO version as well. Picked up a copy the other day for the GC and was wondering about the "only for" gamecube label. Was the EO version initially a GC exclusive?
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Fragems wrote:I had a question about the EO version as well. Picked up a copy the other day for the GC and was wondering about the "only for" gamecube label. Was the EO version initially a GC exclusive?

Perhaps so, but I know the EO release did come out on GCN before eventually making its way on OG Xbox complete with online play.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

I recall not liking the EO version, but I don't really recall why. I had a good stick for GCN but that's one of the harder consoles to get a good arcade stick for.

Regarding the really old explanation on the last page about tournament versions, if the PS2 runs faster than DC it's probably closer to arcade speed than the DC then. The NAOMI (arcade) version being the baseline, the DC runs slightly slower but as mentioned you can kind of compensate in the settings.

Definitely one of the best 2D fighters ever, and it does certainly look better in 15khz than 31khz. I think the VGA mode is just line-doubling, hence the chunky look.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

oxymoron wrote:I'm looking to buy this in couple days when Paypal releases my money. Why don't you like the EO version?

Dont know who this question was meant for... but aside from the Easy Operation scheme that EO version of CVS2 provides, this version also removed the Roll Cancel glitch which is essnetial to C, A and N Groove players in high level play and P Groove getting tweaked.

I much rather play the game on DC or PS2 where everything remains relatively intact from the arcade version...
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

CD AGES wrote:
oxymoron wrote:I'm looking to buy this in couple days when Paypal releases my money. Why don't you like the EO version?

Dont know who this question was meant for... but aside from the Easy Operation scheme that EO version of CVS2 provides, this version also removed the Roll Cancel glitch which is essnetial to C, A and N Groove players in high level play and P Groove getting tweaked.

I much rather play the game on DC or PS2 where everything remains relatively intact from the arcade version...

It was meant for the OP. TBH, I suck ass at fighting games but I really want this one. I was going to buy the PS2 version but I recently watched a Metal Jesus video and he said the EO is more noob-friendly. I don't really care if the higher difficulty is affected as long as EO doesn't really mess with the overall game if that makes sense.

Do you by any chance know why is game is considered rare?
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Rare!?

Which version are you reffering to?
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Yeah CvS2 being rare is news to me.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

CD AGES wrote:Rare!?

Which version are you reffering to?

I read it here.

http://blog.pricecharting.com/2009/08/m ... -game.html
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

All versions are actually quite common (at least in my area that's for sure!). More importantly, all versions have a relatively reasonable price tag.

skate323k137 wrote: Regarding the really old explanation on the last page about tournament versions, if the PS2 runs faster than DC it's probably closer to arcade speed than the DC then. The NAOMI (arcade) version being the baseline, the DC runs slightly slower but as mentioned you can kind of compensate in the settings.

Definitely one of the best 2D fighters ever, and it does certainly look better in 15khz than 31khz. I think the VGA mode is just line-doubling, hence the chunky look.

IMO both the PS2 and DC versions are equally good ports. Yes the PS2 version in a tad faster than NAOMI ver. by default while the DC is a tad slower by default (and yes, as its been mentioned, speed setting can be altered on both ports if one so chooses to so its not a contributing factor!). The only real reason the PS2 port has become the tourney standard for the majority is mostly due to convenience. The Dreamcast version never actually made it stateside unlike the PS2 port which is a rather attainable version out here of the 2 (especially back in the day!). Most players had arcade sticks tailored for PS2 during that time due to all major fighting franchises of the time heading over to PS2. Dreamcast consoles at tournament gatherings were mostly delegated to running MvC2 matches as that platform to this day has the superior port of that particular game. PS2 hardware was much more abundant at that time than Dreamcast consoles at tournaments.

Hell, even both PS2 and DC versions of CVS2 were cross console compatible for online play in Japan.

With that said. I own all 4 versions of CVS2 and the EO releases on GCN and OXBox are the ones i dislike the most. The former due to how sub-standard it runs the game (longest load times of all 4 and color vibrancy looking the worst) and the latter because of that nasty audio glitch that it was released with.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

I've been playing some CVS2 on the xbox. I bought an old xbox original stick the other day, it had a dead button which I fixed and then killed again.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7260_o.jpg

Dunno if it is a region thing but I've owned both xbox and Gamecube versions of CVS2 and they were okay over here, no glitches from what I've seen, no audio issues and the EO can just be ignored.
The PS2 version of CVS2 was the worst in Europe as it only ran at 50hz with boarders while the Gamecube and Xbox versions both ran at PAL 60hz fullscreen.