Happy Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Post by Ziggy »

:lol: Yeah, I wasn't too broken up about missing the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. For a cobbled together dinner, I was extremely happy with it!

That picture was only my first helping. I had seconds and thirds. I definitely ate until I was about ready to explode, which is not something I ever do with the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Ziggy587 wrote::lol: Yeah, I wasn't too broken up about missing the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. For a cobbled together dinner, I was extremely happy with it!

That picture was only my first helping. I had seconds and thirds. I definitely ate until I was about ready to explode, which is not something I ever do with the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

I'd rather have a sack full of cheese Krystals or white house than some dry ass turkey. Dam now i want krystals (no white house near me anymore within 45 min). I grew up with hen and dressing anyway. My grandparents had a farm and thats what they had on hand to cook.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If you're being served dry-ass turkey you need a new chef. Properly prepared turkey is quite juicy.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

MrPopo wrote:If you're being served dry-ass turkey you need a new chef. Properly prepared turkey is quite juicy.

Best i had was one i smoked last year. Baked, deep fried, always dry to me over the years. Smoked, not so much. But i ain't getting no sleep the night before, takes forever smoking a turkey. Might do a couple turkey breasts to speed that up for christmas.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Are you brining first? If you skip a good brine you'll have a dry bird.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Never been a big fan of Thanksgiving and it was probably because my Mom's Turkey was so dry. I had to slather it in gravy so that I didn't feel like I was eating sand. My brother in law did a Turkey in a deep fryer and that was pretty good.

A coworker said that she had Ribs on Thanksgiving. All these ideas sound better than Turkey.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

MrPopo wrote:Are you brining first? If you skip a good brine you'll have a dry bird.

Yes sir. Smoked was good, don't get me wrong. 18 hrs babysitting an offset smoker good? Well everybody liked it, but i was exhausted lol. Same with briskets. Takes hella long.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

stickem wrote:I'd rather have a sack full of cheese Krystals or white house than some dry ass turkey. Dam now i want krystals (no white house near me anymore within 45 min). I grew up with hen and dressing anyway. My grandparents had a farm and thats what they had on hand to cook.

Krystal and White Castle were both operating in Nashville at some point?

Head to head is there much difference? I've only ever had Krystal and have wondered about White Castle.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Ziggy, that plate looks good! Glad you enjoyed it! White Castle is one of the only fast food places that I like. Used to go there with my father on our way back from attending Yankees games. There's one in my area now, but I haven't been in quite a while.

I've lucked out with the turkey on Thanksgiving. My parents made a pretty good one, and my brother-in-law did well preparing it this year too. I missed my mother's stuffing and pumpkin pie this year though. The versions we had by my brother-in-law's family were decent, but not as good.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Turkey is a delivery system for gravy. Focus on great gravy and don’t sweat the bird.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.