Watermelon Pier Solar HD Kickstarter

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Watermelon Pier Solar HD Kickstarter

Post by Tanooki »

You weren't exactly harsh, more blunt and to the point. After the few runs they've done they should have had all this sorted out and instead we saw the result. It's fair for anyone to get furious if they paid up.
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

What version are you planning to pick up Tanooki? Are you planning to plan the game or gift it for Xmas or something? If you are willing to do an advance trade, I can give you my sealed Dreamcast version for what ever they'd be shipping out at a later date. Like I mentioned before in an earlier post, I received an Dreamcast version that I had no memory of pre-ordering. I figure I'd let someone else enjoy it without having to wait 2-3 months as long as I end up with a copy in the end.
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I was considering the Genesis one as I don't have a Dreamcast. I have it already though on GoG.com but having the game as intended on the system it was meant for originally seemed like a good idea at the time now that I have one. Thanks for the offer though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hmm y'know what? I think the Dreamcast version looks better than the HD versions elsewhere.

Dreamcast:

PC:

Just me? I took the first screenshot myself over S-Video on my Toshiba TV. The PC screenshot is taken from HG101, presumably from Steam. I don't know. The sprites look more pixelated in the 2nd screenshot. Maybe it's because I'm playing in a lower resolution that it actually looks better?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The second image is much crisper. The first has everything bleeding together. That said, I also turn off filters on ZSNES and Dosbox since I think the smoothed stuff looks worse.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I think the 2nd SS looks better honestly. The DC one has better background art, so may be skewing it some.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Hahah! I have Pier Solar working on my my GDemu-equipped Dreamcast!
(he said triumphantly :D ).

From my original rip of my disc, no less.

Turns out, I just had to update my GDemu firmware and now it loads up fine (the game starts out 15 seconds at a blank white screen, but then it works; previously it would loop back to the Dreamcast splash screen again).

Not sure when I'll play it, as I've been obsessing over ODE's for 3 other systems as well (I feel so spoiled :mrgreen: ). But I am so stoked that I got this figured out.

From what I see so far, unlockable extras (minigames, soundtrack, etc.) was a nice touch.
...just another lost soul...