Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/31

Level up here
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/11

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Grind to level 12. Alex gains Vigor then. Use that followed by Sword Dance many times.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Much better since I basically ran(few battles as possible) so I could get to Nash(way too cocky for his own good though) again then went on the grinding spree. Finally in meriba now and all I can say is more anime cutscenes please ^_^ I think I hit three or four before I had to stop to leave home and I'm really enjoying these(even if nall's voice is laughly horrendous in my opinion)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Nall's voice is the best in the game by far.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I don't know kinda reminded me of one of the voices I swear I heard in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKZQb-jH-7A don't know why....just nalls voice is kinda ear bleeding worthy in some cases, just seems weird for him to be so high pitched to me....
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Can I just say the soundtrack that comes with the collector's box for psx is freaking awesome? I popped it in and it apparently has the sega cd opening(which sounds epic), luna's boat song(amazing cutscene on that one), and now I'm listening to determination...did lunar 2 get a similar treatment with soundtrack and all because this sounds like it might be worth it....about to power up the game though and power through the next part so this will have to get paused :roll:
My gameroom

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

The soundtrack sounds so much better on the CD than it does in the actual game.

There were times when I was playing the game with the TV on mute while listening to the soundtrack on a CD player. :lol: Generally during level grinding and other such nonsense.

I believe part 2 also has a soundtrack included.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I can imagine why, the cd says altogether it's 557 MB I'm pretty sure if just one version was at the quality this is probably at the game would have a harder time fitting on those black discs(since I can't imagine them holding much if you have to switch discs mid-game...that and maybe system limitations :lol:)
My gameroom

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

So apparently there was a PC version of the game released several years ago. Japan / Korea only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx3isKQCRcc
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So apparently there was a PC version of the game released several years ago. Japan / Korea only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx3isKQCRcc

Man....that's....just freaking awesome! (sounds a little better than the english version we got...)

Also still stuck on the trial before you get to vale. When I have had the psx hooked up(took it to dads last weekend and just haven't gotten around to rehooking it up), keep trying to conserve my magic after I talk to the last magician before going up against that boss and it's a big nope(I think I'm lvl 16 when I get to it but fortify and sword dance ain't cutting it especially when every other hit I have to use heal on Alex :| )
My gameroom

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Level 16 for both characters would be good.

Make sure you cast Vigor once and then do a bunch of Sword Dances.

Have Luna use Cascade Song on Alex once and then use her for healing.

Do you ever mess with Nall's grid menu in the options? You should start at this stage in the game, especially for bosses. For instance, moving Alex and Luna far apart may help tremendously. Usually best to stick those weaker characters who are strictly casting spells (or shooting arrows) right in the back.