Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Post by Bradtemple87 »

The consolized setups are definitely convenient, but if you have a cab to play, the upcoming darksoft multi board is a better investment in my personal opinion. He should be taking preorder payments in the next month or two.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

I really am a freaking collector, I swear.

Despite the fact that I have every intention of picking up one of Darksoft's Multiboards, I still thrill at the idea of getting games when they're at a good deal. Case in point, I'm very excited about possibly acquiring Darkstalkers! :D

Also, my friend who 3d modelled the A-Board buttons for me said they came in a couple days ago. I'm heading over to his place later on today/this evening, excited to see how it turned out. I'm guessing we'll have to revise and try again, but he said from a visual inspection to the broken one I brought him it looks pretty freakin close. I know there's some demand for them, and for $10ish it's a nice fix to a common problem with these

Plus, you can (kinda) change your JP A-Board to a US one if you're just obsessive about having the buttons be the right color :lol:
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Bradtemple87 wrote: the upcoming darksoft multi board is a better investment in my personal opinion. He should be taking preorder payments in the next month or two.

I am kinda glad I waited to get into CPS2 for this, although I would still want a few favorites for the shelf. I still have a lot of reading to do one the darksoft multi.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I fully understand the allure of the CPS2 multicart - for space if for nothing else, but it just isn't for me.

It doesn't matter the item - I can not get into games with more than 1-game on it. I used to think it was just emulation - but it isn't. I can't even play or enjoy things like Konami Classics or Qubed for 360.

Every multi-cart i've tried I just couldn't enjoy - I find myself wanting to switch faster than I normally would...or dunno, it's one of those things - there is just something that doesn't jive with me.

I like the idea of flashcarts for showing a friend a game to try out, etc - but if it's a game I really really like - I want the full boar original.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

I'm with you, Mike. It's why I keep amassing more games even though I have flashcarts for almost every system I own. But I'm just crazy I suppose.

Offhand, the replacement 3d printed A-board buttons came in like a week ago, I've just been forgetting to bring my A-Board to my buddy's house that helped me model them (since if we need to modify them, it'll be at his house anyway)... they LOOK like they're gonna be perfect though.

Will report back in the next couple days.
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

mjmjr25 wrote:I fully understand the allure of the CPS2 multicart - for space if for nothing else, but it just isn't for me.

It doesn't matter the item - I can not get into games with more than 1-game on it. I used to think it was just emulation - but it isn't. I can't even play or enjoy things like Konami Classics or Qubed for 360.

Every multi-cart i've tried I just couldn't enjoy - I find myself wanting to switch faster than I normally would...or dunno, it's one of those things - there is just something that doesn't jive with me.

I like the idea of flashcarts for showing a friend a game to try out, etc - but if it's a game I really really like - I want the full boar original.

i am exactly the same way in this regard... it's the same reason why i can't ever find anything good to watch on netflix. too many choices.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I was really on the fence about getting the Darksoft multiboard but I have all the CPS2 boards I want except for one it really doesn't make much sense financially, I'd just be better of getting a conversion of it. I can definitely see it being useful for someone who doesn't have room for stacks of CPS2 boards and just wants to keep one board in his cab at all times, I'd do it if I had to pair down....maybe
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

About those replacement buttons...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/WTB37 ... 22996c1e67

Work great. I have a blue motherboard now :D
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

You guys are driving me up the wall. Now I want to buy an Naomi and a CPS2. I had no desire for the Naomi until I saw that darksoft is converting Atomiswave roms to work on Naomi hardware via netboot or CF adapter.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

So, do you want NAOMI and Atomiswave...and this would just make it easier than having to invest in both?

I've really widdled my atomis library down. I'm at 5 games right...should probably be at 7 as there are 7 good games, but I sold RF2 and SSVI as they just don't feel like $200 games to me, or at least i'm not playing them near enough to warrant that investment into them.