Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
mjmjr25

Re: Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Post by mjmjr25 »

Yes, A board included.

Of course you can get a nice gun that will play CPS2 and most other JAMMA - what you are buying is:

No button wiring; no kick harness needed for 5 and 6.
No wiring up of the 4th button for DnD. (most cabs and many guns are wired to 3 buttons only)
No mess of extra cables and the gun itself (plus the added portability).
The system is clean, w/attractive label and whisper fan.
Convenience of USB controllers / sticks as opposed to something proprietary that you can't find replacements for (at least not on the cheap)
Convenience of Playstation AV cable (see above)

It isn't for everyone - but anyone who plays a lot of CPS2, this can make a lot of sense.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Can you configure other usb controllers to work or buy adapters and stuff? Like say a Saturn controller? I love how you could just have that setting on a shelve with other systems and it would look like it belonged there. I never did like the look of most supergun setups with bare boards and all those wires.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

PlayStation A/V, composite only? no thanks. are there other options?
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

aaron wrote:PlayStation A/V, composite only? no thanks. are there other options?

whoa whoa $400 and it only outputs composite? that can't be right
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Ummm...no, that isn't right.

mjmjr25 wrote:Playstation AV out port - (who doesn't have 20 PS1/2 cables lying about - composite, s-video, or component)
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

The guy who runs vsav tournaments in our area and most of the side tournaments at FGC events here in SoCal uses a UD-CPS2 set up for the game. It's INSANELY convinient to setup and run tournaments. ST tournaments run in the same manner out here as well.

Been seriously thinking of investing in one for XvSF.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I've been on the list for one for about 6-8 months so I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to let me know it's ready. Hopefully he'll continue making one and I'll be able to grab one about a year from now.

The CPS2 is the one arcade system I'd for sure like to get into and from the pictures that system is as nice as I thought it would be and from the review as simple as I was hoping it'd be. Congratulations on the nice purchase Mike.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

That UD-CPS2 is a sexy beast.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

It is a Capcom Power System Changer for the CPS2, that is not a piece of crap and stupidly expensive! That is pretty awesome.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Well, I got my 2nd A-board from a group buy and it had a broken button (I volunteered for the "cosmetic damage" one to save on shipping)... so I asked a buddy of mine to do a 3d model of it. We've ordered a repro from Shapeways. We'll see if it's workable (first draft, I doubt it) and if so we'll figure out a way to release it. Shapeways is yelling at him that it's too thin in part of it, but apparently there's a "Fuck you, print it anyway" button -- only problem is that when you click that button, you can't put it in your store, even if you're doing it at cost, so it might be tricky getting it out to people, but we'll figure it out.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread