Watermelon Pier Solar HD Kickstarter

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
winds
128-bit

Re: Watermelon Pier Solar HD Kickstarter

Post by winds »

I'm in the same boat as well. I received the shipping confirmation a while ago, but it hasn't changed status since. I pre-ordered it on the first day of the kickstarter too. I'm not in any rush though, I've learned the importance of patience when it comes to Watermelon, haha.
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

winds wrote:I've learned the importance of patience when it comes to Watermelon, haha.

Haven't we all? haha.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

Strange, I got mine Monday, my shipping box was huge and had a Priority mailing label on it (aka 2-3 day shipping).
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Okay, so I've had no luck with my Pier Solar cdi ripping. It's probably too early to to talk about it, as it just came out for the system. Plus, I might be the only one on here that actually owns the game AND a GDEMU.

But for the curious in case anyone else was planning to go digital for Dreamcast:
My errors on discjuggler state "ecc/edc inconsistency at address xx:xx". I can only assume there is copy protection, as Reprise guessed at. I use the same settings that get my Saturn games in playable form for Rhea (scan gaps/indexes, r-w (cd+g), pq, raw read). And, as I posted earlier, my Redux Dark Matters image is working fine.

I can't really be mad about the DRM incompatibility, but I am bummed. What can I say, I've been spoiled and wish for the same novelty and convenience for this game. Heck, I'd even buy another digital copy if it meant I had a working cdi option.

I imagine someone smarter than me will figure it out eventually, and I have enough on my plate to keep me busy until then. But if anyone has advice for ripping the image to work, I'm listening.
...just another lost soul...
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

As far as I know, there have been a few games released for the Dreamcast with copy protection and they have eventually been cracked. The official Bleemcast packs and the RedSpotGames releases come to mind.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm sure it'll get cracked, the other versions have. The only thing I have yet to confirm was someone scanning their expensive game guide (I looked, yeah I know I'm bad.)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

got my copy today. Man, even the SE is gorgeous. The manual is such high quality. And the poster and stickers are a nice extra touch.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Thanks for the glimmer of hope Reprise and Tanooki.
No one is even talking about it yet, from my searches, but it is quite early.

I'm nothing if not patient; although, I may track down a spare system before then (wish Hobie was still here, as he might have had one to sell at a bargain).
...just another lost soul...
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

No problem, though not much good it has done they're not even keeping their own posted date as I haven't checked it today but yesterday afternoon it wasn't up yet.

I just wonder what it costs them for Genesis anyway to make those things. $69 seems like quite a bit for the case, case art, sticker, board itself and the shell along with a printed manual and a sticker sheet. I was told by one person who makes similar quality stuff you can get all that together for just under ten bucks when you sell in enough bulk (few hundred copies at a time or more.)
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I'm pretty sure my copy of Pier Solar finally arrived today. Only problem is I work full time, so got a 'failed to deliver' slip, so I can't be 100% certain (but I can't imagine what else it is).

I'll find out tomorrow morning when I pick it up from the post office.