The Last Guardian cancelled?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Re: The Last Guardian cancelled?

Post by Juan Aguacate »

It's mostly high scores, with quite a few places giving it a perfect score, but you've got 2 or 3 contrarians giving absurdly low 6 out of 10 scores driving the overall review percentage down to around 80% on gamerankings.com
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Some of those low scoring reviews complain about clunky controls and whatnot though.

Considering the masterpiece that was Shadow of the Colossus, one of my favourite games of all time, had clunky ass controls, I'm quietly optimistic.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Reprise wrote:Considering the masterpiece that was Shadow of the Colossus, one of my favourite games of all time, had clunky ass controls, I'm quietly optimistic.

That's how I feel about it too. Yeah SotC had a bad framerate half the time, less than optimal controls, and a camera that pretty much hated the player and required constant babysitting. But you know what? None of that really mattered when I was playing because I was so enraptured with the actual experience. I'm betting it'll be much the same way with TLG.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Exhuminator wrote:
Reprise wrote:Considering the masterpiece that was Shadow of the Colossus, one of my favourite games of all time, had clunky ass controls, I'm quietly optimistic.

That's how I feel about it too. Yeah SotC had a bad framerate half the time, less than optimal controls, and a camera that pretty much hated the player and required constant babysitting. But you know what? None of that really mattered when I was playing because I was so enraptured with the actual experience. I'm betting it'll be much the same way with TLG.

Exactly. To be honest, I can't imagine playing SotC or The Last Guardian without the bad framerate, clunky controls and a camera that hates the player.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this game. My copy dispatched today, so hopefully it comes tomorrow or Friday.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Picking a copy up tonight!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Reprise wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:

Exactly. To be honest, I can't imagine playing SotC or The Last Guardian without the bad framerate, clunky controls and a camera that hates the player.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this game. My copy dispatched today, so hopefully it comes tomorrow or Friday.

Have you guys not played the PS3 remaster collection then? I haven't, but finally saw a video on it recently and it looks like one of the better remasters with a lot of work and extras put into it. I don't think they run at 60FPS, but they're a more constant 30FPS which would be interesting. I never did beat Ico either, so I want to pick it up sometime. I could see myself leaning more towards liking that one or Last Guardian the most. Some of the big aimless open areas in Shadow were a slog to me, but otherwise I love the atmosphere and art direction in these.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

It's supposed to have smoothed the framerate out. I wonder if that helps or hurts. Some of the franticness came from the action getting choppy and wondering what the heck was going on. :P
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Haha yeah, I didn't really mind the slowdown in SoTC or anything.

I love how sharp the PS3 versions look, improved draw distance and all that. Seems like a good excuse to replay them.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I beat Ico and SotC back in 2007. But when the PS3 remaster collection came out, I bought it. I do plan to replay the games all spiffed up someday.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, I have the HD remasters, but I've played the PS2 games far more, so my memory is pretty hazy. I know they look gorgeous, but I can't remember how much better the framerate is.

I should replay them...