Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Brawlers and Beatemups
SplashChick
64-bit

Re: Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Post by SplashChick »

CFFJR wrote:
SplashChick wrote:Is there some reason why I can't download this?

Sega had them take the file down. "Protecting the property" they say.

I think there are still some working links out there though.

Of course there is. This is the internet, you can't silence something this cool.
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

Google for the win. I think I'll help spread this around to spite those money grubbing bastards at Sega.
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

CFFJR wrote:That's my favorite route in the game!

I love the waterfall level.

So fun. It is also, as you said, a goldmine. I've pulled in 90000 on a single run that way. :D

Despite the insane enemy combo's and tough segments, yeah I definitely think this is one of the coolest routes in the game for sure. Very unique levels, I remember finding that lab at the end randomly when I first started playing this once, took me quite awhile to find it again! Heh. Was that lab in SoR2 or something by chance? I'm not sure if SoR1-2 had extra levels or not, but I definitely know SoR3 did on the higher difficulties (if I'm correct, I think Shiva at City Hall was the true final boss?

Gonna go for another run through it now on normal to get some cash.

Who do you like using? I still can't put down Shiva usually, haha. Checked out his SoR2 set and his run attack seems a bit better. I'm really digging Rudra now too though, her run attack is absolutely insane (topped off with her crazy run speed), she's awesome. I feel kind of cheap, but I like her, Shiva, and Mr. X probably the most because of their range.

It's kind of crazy how much stronger SoR2 Axel is compared to his SoR3 set, though the SoR3 one is a lot faster...
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

Oh man, this game is AWESOME. I never played any SoR game before, but this is just stuffed with so much cool content, I don't think I'll need to. Got my custom arcade stick working with it, so much fun.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

SplashChick wrote:Oh man, this game is AWESOME. I never played any SoR game before, but this is just stuffed with so much cool content, I don't think I'll need to. Got my custom arcade stick working with it, so much fun.

Well you missed out until now I guess. :lol: Honestly as much as I like the Final Fight games and other beat em' ups, I don't think they compare to the SoR series at all. Been a huge fan since forever.

@CFFJR: Damn, I just ran through that route again on normal and still had to use a continue! Those water sections, ninja's and boxers, sheesh! But yeah, nabbed 94k!

Also, I think this is officially my favorite theme from the whole thing, talk about epic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIw8wu3tDHo
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

Xeogred wrote:
SplashChick wrote:Oh man, this game is AWESOME. I never played any SoR game before, but this is just stuffed with so much cool content, I don't think I'll need to. Got my custom arcade stick working with it, so much fun.

Well you missed out until now I guess. :lol: Honestly as much as I like the Final Fight games and other beat em' ups, I don't think they compare to the SoR series at all. Been a huge fan since forever.

@CFFJR: Damn, I just ran through that route again on normal and still had to use a continue! Those water sections, ninja's and boxers, sheesh! But yeah, nabbed 94k!

Also, I think this is officially my favorite theme from the whole thing, talk about epic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIw8wu3tDHo

I had been meaning to check it out, but I just never got around to it. Plus, I've already been exposed to top tier beatemup games, it's hard to top. My favorite beatemup of all time has to be this game right here, and all of you NEED to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQxz3HrMmRw

Its cheesy retro aesthetic is pure charm, and the dynamic combat is absolutely AMAZING. Combos and cancels and dashes and supers and OMFG ITS SO GOOD. XBL indie games. Get it. COMBOS AHH SO COOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEa4nrjMrQ0

ANYWAY.

This whole Sega nonsense mad me mad and I made an appropriately angry blog post about it. I hope to spread this game to as many people as possible.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Finally beat it. I played through on Normal with Blaze, CPU Adam was my backup. I chose the SOR2 path all the way through. I had to continue a couple of times in the final stage. Stupid Ultimate Warrior...
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Xeogred wrote:@CFFJR: Damn, I just ran through that route again on normal and still had to use a continue! Those water sections, ninja's and boxers, sheesh! But yeah, nabbed 94k!

Nice! Yeah, it takes some practice. I've played the route enough times to know it well at this point, and I still have to continue, so think nothing of it. :lol: Ninjas are hell. I always hated them in the originals too. At least it brings in tons of points though. Makes unlocking stuff pretty quick. In case you haven't found them yet, keep an eye out; there's an extra life and a gold bar inside the train car.

For the questions in your last post, that lab definitely doesn't show up in SOR2. It may be in SOR3, but I don't know for sure. I've actually spent very little time with SOR3, so I haven't seen everything that game has to offer. I only know it enough to recognize the main levels in Remake.

My favorite character quickly became Rudra. She kicks so much ass its frightening, and I love her "Izuna Drop" throw. I'm able to wipe certain bosses with her without getting touched. Put Rudra together with Shiva and watch the carnage. Holy Hell. Which reminds me, I wonder why Shiva doesn't have a large area attack? I don't think he's so far above everyone else that he doesn't need it.

Having said that though, there's nobody in the game that I don't like using. Max is much improved over his original form, and Ash is surprisingly awesome. I also love having the option to use SOR1 Blaze.

Hey, have you unlocked the SOR maker yet? I did the other day, and trying to use it does nothing. It opens a blank screen and sits there, and I can't do anything other than back out of it.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Damn, you guys are really playing this up. I'm gonna have to give it some more attention.

Who are the 18 playable characters? Shiva was my favorite in SoR 3, he was pretty awesome.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

brunoafh wrote:Damn, you guys are really playing this up. I'm gonna have to give it some more attention.

Who are the 18 playable characters? Shiva was my favorite in SoR 3, he was pretty awesome.

Da List:

SOR1 Axel
SOR2 Axel
SOR3 Axel
SOR1 Blaze
SOR2 Blaze
SOR3 Blaze
Adam
Max
SOR2 Skate
SOR3 Skate
Zan
Roo
SOR2 Shiva
SOR3 Shiva
Rudra
Mr. X
Elle
Ash

And you should definitely give it some attention. The game deserves every bit of it. :D
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.