No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Post by Fragems »

Once you get the Atlas V1 pass you can access the door to the left in the space stations and every one of them has a back pack upgrade station so finding those on planets is less important later on unless you want to stick to a single system for an extended period of time. I think I'm up to 45+ slots now. Upgrades are costing me around 350,000+ units now so I'm frequently just passing them up unless I have the spare cash.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yes, I've read that each space station has an upgrade station (I don't have an Atlas Pass yet). But, I was able to reach 36 slots on ONE planet!
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

The V1 pass is given to you pretty early in the Atlas path if you want to follow the galactic way points. Pretty sure everyone gets it the first time they come into contact with the space anomaly. It also gives you access to those red cylinder like fuel containers that usually have warp cells, or warp cell components in them.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Fragems wrote:red cylinder like fuel containers that usually have warp cells, or warp cell components in them.

BITCHIN' I didn't know that. It's a pain in the ass to craft warp cells...
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I just ran into my first sort of bug. It's not really a bug, per se, since it's just how the game works but it's definitely a somewhat broken aspect of the game.

I was flying my ship to a way point and there was one of those floating island just in front of my destination. Well, because the auto pilot will take you ABOVE the floating island, and it's impossible to fly under it, AND my previous complaint about not being able to see where the hell you're landing, I chose to land in front of the floating island and walk to the destination. It was either that are gain altitude to fly over the floating island and probably overshoot my destination and have to walk to it anyway.

So I did what I had to do at the destination and walked back to my ship. Now when I took off, I actually some how flew UNDER the floating island. But, the auto pilot was like "Nope, you have to be ABOVE this thing!" and so I was crashing into the bottom of this floating island repeatedly. I was watching my shield go down fast, I had no choice but to land. Now my ship is UNDER a floating island. I thought I was screwed, and might have to walk for a long time to find one of those ship call things. I decided to take off, and I again crashed into the bottom of the floating island as the auto pilot was trying to get me ABOVE it. Luckily, I was able to get out from under it before I died. But I feel like if that island was bigger I would have just been screwed.

So... DON'T get stuck under floating islands!
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

From a few pages back :lol: .

Fragems wrote:Just about got stuck in a cave today somehow managed to land funny and when I took off it dragged me directly into the cave and slowly I worked my way about 100ft in :P. Actually had to dig my way out thanks to the random invisible walls that keep you from crashing actually making it impossible to fly out manually.

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I got my girlfriend addicted to the game now. :lol:

It's been a lot of fun sharing weird discoveries. She did get a corrupt save file which was a major bummer but we found a way to restore it so everything's fine now.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'm not playing much these days, but when I do, I'm in the process of going through a system (which I've named Steve) and naming every single planet, waypoint, plant, and animal I discover Steve. Because lulz.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Fragems wrote:From a few pages back :lol: .

Yeah, I saw that. I think it's definitely a problem they should address.

Speaking of, a lot of people are complaining about the auto pilot the game has. I didn't mind it at all at first, but I'm finding it more and more annoying the more I play.

You ever take off from a planet and somehow shoot up all the way above the atmosphere? I had this happen randomly to me a few times, and all I found on Google is "Yeah, it sometimes happens." Ithink I might have found out how to do it (intentionally). Pull up on the mouse or stick when taking off. I'm gonna have to try it again and see if that's really what it is. Nope, I can't seem to do it after trying a few times.

Speaking of controls, it's like people are finding these things out accidentally. There's no digital manual that I see anywhere, but I would really like one.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I find if you hold down the launch button to long it is more likely to launch you out of atmosphere.

Oh and technically you can get your ship to mine materials while on the surface it's kind of tricky and not very useful though aside from testing what stuff is as you fly by. Basically just turn on your phaser beam then right as the autopilot starts to lift you above the mineral deposit hit the phaser and you will blast a chunk of it. You will only get a handful of the material but it's good for checking out what a mineral is without wasting a landing. The only downside is occasionally you get launched out of atmosphere because the game doesn't like you doing it :lol: .