Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
mjmjr25

Re: Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Post by mjmjr25 »

a little bigger would be nice but yeah, those would pop liek rice crispies off these boxes.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

You have any idea where I can get high quality marquee art? I have the MAME ones, but they're all depressingly low qual.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

are you looking at doing them yourself? Maybe one of the neo guys would share - I know bigtime has almost everything but he hasn't been around in awhile - there are def. others - I can post a thread.

Maybe the_7k can help us out - he's been doing high quality ST-V art, he may have this or know how to do it...I'm just really clueless about all of it, my knowledge is, if you can google it, why can't you copy/paste and resize to your specs - I just really don't understand it all.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Problem is, I can't google for something high quality enough. If you blow up a picture too far, it degrades the quality badly.

I'm certainly not GOOD at it, but lassoing the marquee to the proper size to insert onto those CPS2 labels wouldn't be hard. I'd love to see it be blue/green chooseable, but that's easy enough.

Good call on the-7k, I saw that stv art and was drooling (though I wish he'd have chosen to do UGC sized... they WILL fit in one, with just a tiny bit of bulging)
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

try KLOV with the high quality scans.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

This is all making me want one of the UD-CPS2's more... but I really want one with RCA jacks instead of the PS Multi-out, because I have damn near all of my systems with RCA jacks (and am working on converting the ones that aren't yet).

I can't get onto SRK from work, anyone happen to know if he's selling the USB encoders separately yet? I contacted Undamned by email a while ago and he said he wasn't willing to do a custom board with RCA jacks, but once he released the controller boards separately I should be able to find someone to build one for me with my mods for about the same price he was asking (I'm betting between some of the modding ninjas I've worked with it should be possible)
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

So, it took a minute, but it's here and is pretty close to what I thought it would be.

The UD Consolized CPS2:

This is a consolized A board, otherwise known as the CPS2 Motherboard.

The mod is very clean and uses probably the best PSU AC, AV out, and controller input options for most gamers.

Standard PSU Power Supply (nice, clicky, firm power toggle switch, black, right next to PSU input
(2) USB controller inputs (pop in your stock 360 or PS3 fightsticks and off you go - with 6-button support built in - no more harnesses or extra wiring)
Playstation AV out port - (who doesn't have 20 PS1/2 cables lying about - composite, s-video, or component)

This opens up the entire library of CPS2 games, in a very portable format w/o need of a supergun and kick harness. Literally took 90 seconds to unbox and start playing.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

That looks fantastic. I think I may actually want one but I don't want to know the price.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

This was $400 and shipping - I locked in on the initial launch 17 months ago though - no idea if he's still taking orders or if the price has gone up or down.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

mjmjr25 wrote:This was $400 and shipping - I locked in on the initial launch 17 months ago though - no idea if he's still taking orders or if the price has gone up or down.

did the $400 include the A board? pretty cool but damn that price is steep, you could get a pretty kick ass supergun for that price.