Help Making A Snes RGBs Scart Cable

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Ziggy

Re: Help Making A Snes RGBs Scart Cable

Post by Ziggy »

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is that "jitter" problem the SNES has with scalers like the OSSC. Perhaps it has the same problem with the GBS, but the LM1881 does the trick? Apparently the NES and SNES have off-spec sync signals, so there's the so-called "dejitter" mod that fixes it for stuff like the OSSC.
hidden0
16-bit

Post by hidden0 »

Ziggy587 wrote:Hmm, the only thing I can think of is that "jitter" problem the SNES has with scalers like the OSSC. Perhaps it has the same problem with the GBS, but the LM1881 does the trick? Apparently the NES and SNES have off-spec sync signals, so there's the so-called "dejitter" mod that fixes it for stuff like the OSSC.

I have no other way to test anymore tried everything i can find ‘ just waiting for the LM1881 to arrive.
hidden0
16-bit

Post by hidden0 »

Finally found the issue the green trace was broken

I built the sync stripper anyway and it works fine to not sure if that was necessary not.

https://imgur.com/a/2YYuEvk

Using the 470ohm resistor on sync stripper output line followed the chart from retrorgb sync stripper page.

It was always the green trace broken issue .
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Nice! I never did finish building mine, but I'm closer to making my pile of projects less. I'm glad you figured it out, and glad your problem was documented and the solution posted. Cheers!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage