Anyone disappointed in PS4 cases?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone disappointed in PS4 cases?

Post by Reprise »

They do feel a bit cheap, but I don't know if they're really that bad? I have nearly 100 PS4 games and not a single broken or damaged case. I can't say the same for a lot of my other console game collections...
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Go digital, padawans!
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

dsheinem wrote:Go digital, padawans!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! No. Once console gaming goes all digital I quit modern consoles. I like to actually own my games and even when a game is no longer sold I can buy it used. Too many times a digital game has been pulled from a store.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Segata wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! No. Once console gaming goes all digital I quit modern consoles. I like to actually own my games and even when a game is no longer sold I can buy it used. Too many times a digital game has been pulled from a store.

You own nothing! Every man dies, not every man truly lives digitally!

My digital version of Nex Machina or Ghost Blade HD will be legally accessbile to me even if my house burns down. Better to have a boatload of cheap digital content that I can access anywhere at anytime (and that can sit on my hard drive without annoying disc swapping) than a physical collection much more suscepitble to wear, tear, damage, theft, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I like the green cases on Xbox games.
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

I love the fact that cases are slimming down and using less plastic, but I agree they are pretty flimsy. I'm sure there's a better way to structure the cases to support the artwork and make them stronger while reducing resources.

As a side note, does anyone remember the Xbox Magazine Demo Disc cases? Those were standard-size DVD cases that were slimmer than Switch cases. Those would be great with some custom artwork for games these days with no real manuals.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

dsheinem wrote:
Segata wrote:

You own nothing! Every man dies, not every man truly lives digitally!

My digital version of Nex Machina or Ghost Blade HD will be legally accessbile to me even if my house burns down. Better to have a boatload of cheap digital content that I can access anywhere at anytime (and that can sit on my hard drive without annoying disc swapping) than a physical collection much more suscepitble to wear, tear, damage, theft, etc.

Ah digital only gamers. The vegans of console gaming. They want everyone to know and won't rest til everyone is like them. If your place burns down, games are the least of anyone's worries.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Heresy! More convenient, for sure, and more secure (can't be stolen or broken), but it's no fun for me to collect downloads.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:

and more secure (can't be stolen or broken).

My PSN was hacked once... And no, I couldn't explain it. My password wasn't 'p@ssword', it wasn't something easy to guess, I don't have the same password for all my accounts.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

did you get it back?