Show Off Your Amiibo Collections

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Show Off Your Amiibo Collections

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Sarge wrote:Honestly, the rewards in-game are not substantial enough to make it worth a purchase unless you just want it as a tchotchke.

As someone who recently acquired his 90th amiibo, I can certainly agree to the point where the content they unlock is usually totally superlative. However, I looooove me some character figurines, so I love them! :D

--

Those Monster Hunter amiibos are like $25 a piece on Play-Asia, and that's before shipping! As such, I did think they were pretty neat but decided not to get them.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Yeah admittedly for me they're just display items....yeah they have some interesting effects here and there but being figures like this and how cheap they are to obtain(for the most part) it's nice to have them. Maybe it's just my collector's personality that's tied to gaming to some extent but I love seeing them sitting there even if I don't really end up using them much in game.
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

I just wanted the Smash Brothers ones plus Shovel Knight and Ika.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
jmbarnes101 wrote:I've got 77 so far and had no idea those Monster Hunter ones existed. They look great.

Yeah, I only know about them because I just happen to stumble on the Play-Asia page for them. I also think I forgot to show my eight Splatoon amiibo (Callie and Marie as well as the two Inkling girls, two Inkling boys, and two Inkling squid).

I still haven't decided whether I want a full set or just keep getting them as I find them cheap. I know my youngest wants a complete set of Animal Crossing ones so we need Summer Outfit Isabelle and a Villager. I'd like to get Mega Yarn Yoshi but at $40+ I'm not willing to do that. I would like to finish off a Fire Emblem set so I need Robin, Lucina, and Marth.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
mikenac
16-bit

Post by mikenac »

here is my small collection lol

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

@hashiriya - so fresh and so clean clean
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

TSTR wrote:@hashiriya - so fresh and so clean clean

Oh, hello there, middle school.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I stank I can, I stank I can
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

jmbarnes101 wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:
jmbarnes101 wrote:I've got 77 so far and had no idea those Monster Hunter ones existed. They look great.

Yeah, I only know about them because I just happen to stumble on the Play-Asia page for them. I also think I forgot to show my eight Splatoon amiibo (Callie and Marie as well as the two Inkling girls, two Inkling boys, and two Inkling squid).

I'd like to get Mega Yarn Yoshi but at $40+ I'm not willing to do that.

That's where I'm at. I'd love a Mega Yarn Yoshi, but I'm not willing to plop down the cash required to get one....at least not yet.