Dragon Age: Inquisition

Level up here
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:Have you considered setting up a cheap PC for Steam streaming? It would help you not have to buy the same game twice...

Well, with DA I want a hard copy of the game anyway. I also have a shitty DSL connection, so I am not confident in the fidelity of game streaming...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:Well, with DA I want a hard copy of the game anyway. I also have a shitty DSL connection, so I am not confident in the fidelity of game streaming...

Does the DA game not have a physical PC release?

But yeah obviously the streaming will depend on your home network.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:Does the DA game not have a physical PC release?

Yeah, it does, but unless there's some PC-specific game with some nice retail packaging (e.g. Blizzard games) I usually avoid physical stuff for PC anymore since really I am just buying a Steam code and a coaster anyway.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Have you considered setting up a cheap PC for Steam streaming? It would help you not have to buy the same game twice...

Well, with DA I want a hard copy of the game anyway. I also have a shitty DSL connection, so I am not confident in the fidelity of game streaming...

Your outside network speed shouldnt affect that. The streaming would be done via your home network no? So you wouldnt even need to be connected externally to do so...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Jmustang1968 wrote:Your outside network speed shouldnt affect that. The streaming would be done via your home network no? So you wouldnt even need to be connected externally to do so...

right. It's home network dependent. Unless of course he's gaming online. But yeah if both PC's could be hard-wired to the network, even better. That's what I have going on in my game room. My main PC is at my desk. And my low level Steam box is hooked up to a TV in front of the couch.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Whereas I keep my gaming PC in my game room hooked up to the TV. I'm planning on going into cold sleep so when I next wake up a PC copy of Inquisition will be at my house and I can go heads down on it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Well, with DA I want a hard copy of the game anyway. I also have a shitty DSL connection, so I am not confident in the fidelity of game streaming...

Does the DA game not have a physical PC release?

Only technically. It requires Origin to run, which means a physical PC copy is just fancy window dressing really.

By the way, anyone know if you can play as non-humans this time around? It really annoyed me that they forced you to play as a human in DA2 when DA:O let you play as several races, felt like an annoying downgrade.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

DA:I lets you play as Human, Elf, Dwarf, or Qunari. Again you can play as a Warrior, Rogue, or Mage, but Dwarves can't be Mages. I plan on rocking a Qunari mage.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I am hoping to dig into my copy starting tomorrow night and then through the weekend. Anyone else getting started today or tomorrow?

Do initial reactions meet the rave reviews and/or your personal expectations?
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I plan to start on it tonight, as I preloaded it from Origin (*grumble*grumble*grumble) yesterday.

Haven't yet fired it up though.