Turbographx PAL Usable in US?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Turbographx PAL Usable in US?

Post by ZeroAX »

dafuq? I was pretty certain this thing never even got released in Europe.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

ZeroAX wrote:dafuq? I was pretty certain this thing never even got released in Europe.

"dafuq" ?

How do you say that in a Greek type accent/manner?
Wave your hands, smirk your face and go like "Malaka Pousti dafuq!" :P :lol:

But yeah that PAL Turbo had a limited distribution in Europe.

ninjainspandex wrote:I guess you need the little base plate thing though and that is just as hard as finding the actual CD unit.

This is true.

I got lucky a few years back and snagged one of those Docking Stations relatively cheaply.
IIRC, the PC Engine CD unit I bought off gamedoctorhk.com.

But yeah those items aren't easy to find. Looking on eBay now it seems most things to do with TG16/PC Engine have really risen in price.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Thierry Henry wrote:"dafuq" ?

How do you say that in a Greek type accent/manner?
Wave your hands, smirk your face and go like "Malaka Pousti dafuq!" :P :lol:

But yeah that PAL Turbo had a limited distribution in Europe.

I'm willing to record a voice clip of that and publish it here in return for a good Polandball joke that I haven't seen before, extra points if it's about Greece.

The funny thing is that even RetroGamer Magazine got it wrong. Probably because it didn't even get that limited release in the UK.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

ZeroAX wrote:The funny thing is that even RetroGamer Magazine got it wrong. Probably because it didn't even get that limited release in the UK.

"In the United Kingdom, Telegames released a slightly altered version of the American model simply as the TurboGrafx around 1990 in extremely limited quantities."

That's all I got.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Thierry Henry wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:The funny thing is that even RetroGamer Magazine got it wrong. Probably because it didn't even get that limited release in the UK.

"In the United Kingdom, Telegames released a slightly altered version of the American model simply as the TurboGrafx around 1990 in extremely limited quantities."

That's all I got.

Interesting. Well anyway it's probably super rare, I wonder how much the OP paid for it.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

ZeroAX wrote:Interesting. Well anyway it's probably super rare, I wonder how much the OP paid for it.

Well if were talking eBay then it's not really "super rare" in terms of sourcing one.

This seller has been listing these for years:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Never-used- ... 0546115798

Although the cost has definitely risen.
I recall those going for around $80 odd a while back.
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

If anything, unholy uselessness has kept its price down. Difficult to get excited for a console zero known game development occurred. I don't recall even a homebrew tech demo showing how native 50hz games could've performed.
Lum fan.
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

Only for hardcore collectors. I hope none of these boxed new ones ever get opened. Let them stay boxed forever. That or mod it to run @ 60hz!
There's a crappy game shop in The Hague in the Netherlands that sells this system. Or at least sold a new system somewhere in 2013.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389