D&D Chronicles of Mystara JP disc version an enhanced port

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: D&D Chronicles of Mystara JP disc version an enhanced po

Post by noiseredux »

generally speaking, these import discs of games released on PSN in US are the same exact thing. Stuff like Arcana Hearts 3 or Vampire Resurrection which I own discs of are not only the same game - but interact as if they're the same thing on PSN.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

dsheinem wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:
dsheinem wrote:other than being on a disc and having some physical goodies, is there any difference from the digital release? That has selectable chapters, difficulties, art galleries, etc. as well...

I haven't gotten around to playing the digital releases so far, but I've gathered some info from around the net. Some people have said that the digital releases are not completely faithful to the arcade versions for various reason (like certain things being cut). The disc version will be worked on by the people who worked on the original arcade releases. Also, I would assume that the digital versions don't have new game plus, new difficulty settings and developer commentary. The new version will also let all players use the same characters and apparently there are options for changing their colors. For me personally, the new game plus is the biggest addition, especially with the harder difficulty settings.

-No commentary on the digital version (which will likely be in Japanese anyway)
-Character color changes exist in the digital version, as do difficulty settings
-I don't remember seeing a new game+

I'd think stuff like NG+ and any other gameplay changes can/will be patched in to the game. I'd just be really shocked if the disc release featured additional gameplay or gameplay options over the digital release. Commentary, physical goods, etc. Sure. New code? That can and should be patched in. Calling it an "enhanced port" seems disingenuous.

This is why there's been so much talk about this on neogaf, because it does seem strange for Capcom to have two different versions of the game out there. The thing is, they have a completely different dev team working on this version, which means they are probably rebuilding the whole thing from the ground up, not just making changes to the already available digital version. So I don't know if any of those changes will be patched into the digital version
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Gamerforlife wrote:This is why there's been so much talk about this on neogaf, because it does seem strange for Capcom to have two different versions of the game out there. The thing is, they have a completely different dev team working on this version, which means they are probably rebuilding the whole thing from the ground up, not just making changes to the already available digital version. So I don't know if any of those changes will be patched into the digital version

Well that would be really something strange. I suppose you've read through the thread to check on the legitimacy of these sources, but that would really be a big "fuck you" to everyone who opted for the digital release.
Purkeynator
64-bit

Post by Purkeynator »

This game came out today
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Purkeynator wrote:This game came out today

and is it truly different?