Sega Saturn Dead?

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

....Hello? :?
persona21
8-bit

Post by persona21 »

i'm curious as well...
Saraph
64-bit

Re: Check power block

Post by Saraph »

alonzobots wrote:Check to see if the power block is still plugged in securely. It could be that you have a loose conneciton inside the saturn if it was moved. The most likely culprit is the wire that connects the power board to the main board, it might have wiggled loose. Unplug and replug it in. That should work. If that does not work, then it might be the ribbon the left side of the saturn (if the controller ports are in the front). Thats all the advice I can give you, I have not done a great deal of work with saturns.

Seeing as I was too shocked to see it working, I didnt exactly write a guide to fixing the problem. If you unplug your Saturn a lot like I do (by taking the power cord out of the unit), then it's quite possible I had a loose connection. I use the same cable for both my Saturn and DC. So I rechecked the connections to the main board, secured everything and turned my Saturn on, and it worked! But the CD drive still had a problem reading any game I put in, it just didnt move, so I took the mod chip out, and checked all the connections on that to make sure there wasnt a short. I re-soldered it in, checked to see if power was getting to the chip, and turned my Saturn on again. Yet again, good news. All's I can say is that there were loose connections abound. I hope this gave someone an idea...