Atari Lynx VGA & New LCD Mod Kit!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Atari Lynx VGA & New LCD Mod Kit!

Post by Jagosaurus »

Anyone see this yet!? Replacement LCD screen & VGA out for play on a monitor.

YouTube video of this by McWill, master mind behind it:
https://youtu.be/sGiJ3S_uaes

Atari Age thread (check this for pics):
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233632 ... y-mcwill/#

Pic of it in action (this game runs in TATE:
http://atariage.com/forums/uploads/mont ... 032080.png

It wasnt a one time thing. He took orders & shared with the community. Very cool.

Fun fact, The Lynx also has connectivity with the Jaguar although it wasn't utlized.

I'd love to see this also happen for the Game Gear...

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: Atari Lynx VGA & New LCD Mod Kit!

Post by KalessinDB »

Viletim made a TV out board for the game gear ages ago. Or did you specifically mean a VGA port for it?
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

KalessinDB wrote:Viletim made a TV out board for the game gear ages ago. Or did you specifically mean a VGA port for it?

Was it clean looking, available for order to the public (well community members :]), & a combo screen replacement as well?

The few "consolized" GGs I've seen have been fairly rudimentary looking... okay, looked fairly janky. I did see a YT vid (Luke Morse?) of a nice GG mod but it was of high difficulty level.

This lynx kit is awesome! VGA is nice as well.

KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Yes (well, I think so), yes, and no but there's LCD mods available for the GG as well.

See for yourself

I wasn't trying to knock the Lynx mod by the way, I've been following its development (albeit loosely since I'm not a huge Lynx fan), but you said you'd love to see the GG one so I provided.

As to a non-janky-looking GG, surely you must have seen this? (run it through Google Translate or just click on the links at the bottom to go to the next pages) Too bad I haven't found anyone to recreate it at any price.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

KalessinDB wrote:Yes (well, I think so), yes, and no but there's LCD mods available for the GG as well.

See for yourself

I wasn't trying to knock the Lynx mod by the way, I've been following its development (albeit loosely since I'm not a huge Lynx fan), but you said you'd love to see the GG one so I provided.

As to a non-janky-looking GG, surely you must have seen this? (run it through Google Translate or just click on the links at the bottom to go to the next pages) Too bad I haven't found anyone to recreate it at any price.

I didn't mean to come off as snarky. I really was curious!

Very cool, didn't know that board existed. RGB, impressive.

I do like how this Lynx mod is for the screen and video out, all in one.

Yeah, the consolized GG is awesome! Would be very cool to be able to use a controller. Wish the Lynx mod allowed for a Jaguar controller to be used! :D Yes, I one of those who actually likes the Jag controller :lol: