So, I've finally got a handheld Saturn...sort of

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: So, I've finally got a handheld Saturn...sort of

Post by noiseredux »

yeah thanks to this thread and emails with Fast... I've got a Venue8 Pro on its way to me as well. :oops:
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

Hey guys, back with an update.

So it's a pretty nice play toy. Things like this will get better as the cpu power increases. I've tried a lot of stuff on it so far. PCSX2 runs alright, but not 100%. Gradius V in your palms is pretty sweet though lol.

It's real good at Crimson Clover and Reflex for PC (love me some shmups).

A little more ram and storage space would be nice.

My next iteration will be sweeter and smaller. I've got a nice little hdmi driven 4.3 inch LCD to couple with the smallest board I can find. I had originally bought an ECS Liva PC to use the board from, but now that these little thumbstick computers exist (intel computestick, meegopad t01, etc) I'll probably use one of those.

At least the controller is expandable/collapsible and can shrink down to fit the smaller screen when I get it going.

What a manufacturer needs to do is step up and make the portable gaming PC finally. The hardware is clearly small enough now. Imagine an Xperia Play or PSP Go type device that was x86 compatible......
marurun

Post by marurun »

The Venue line sounds really interesting, but as Marvel Unlimited is what I'd want it for rather than gaming, and there isn't an MU app in the Microsoft Store, welp... :?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ugh, this is brutal. I just got a tracking notification that my Ipega controller dock thingy was delivered today... but I won't have my Windows tab until Saturday it looks like. :(
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

well, this made my day - props man!