Q about Hori Fighting Stick Mini 3

Brawlers and Beatemups
marurun

Q about Hori Fighting Stick Mini 3

Post by marurun »

Anyone here have or have experience with the Hori Fighting Stick Mini 3? I know it's for PS3, but that means it has a USB connector and can be used with a PC, right? Is this a decent stick? How are the stick and buttons? Hori is a pretty reliable name, and $40 for a Hori stick on Amazon is pretty fantastic. I'm hoping the "mini" bit doesn't mean they held back on parts.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Q about Hori Fighting Stick Mini 3

Post by CD AGES »

Its an entry level stick in the greatest sense. For casuals, those who are just dipping their toes on arcade stick purchase, those wanting to get stick without spending too much etc. Just dont expect high quality parts the likes of Sanwa Denshi or Seimitsu. The stick uses stock hori parts that are exclusive to this type of miniature design. For its price, its a decent purchase IMO. $40 IS what this stick commonly sells for so its not anything fantastic of a deal.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Poop. I don't play enough arcade games to warrant an expensive stick, but I don't want a crappy stick just because I can't afford an awesome one. But I can't expect good quality too cheaply, so I guess I'll just have to deal.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

If you're looking at a stick for just PC usage, you may want to go with a 360 stick. X-Input seems to be the thing for games nowadays, so it may play nicer with your PC out of the box. Of course, if it's strictly MAME and emulators only, then it's whatever really.

You could also look around and try to find one of those MadCatz BrawlSticks they made for WWE All-Stars. They're easily upgradeable to quality arcade parts, although if you want to look at something other than John Cena, it'll take a little more work.