Runner2

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Runner2

Post by Pulsar_t »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MRmCCWgIdU

I missed the first Runner, so the sequel is a natural choice.. Seems to be getting positive feedback, and honestly it's hard to mess it up.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Runner2

Post by CRTGAMER »

Pulsar_t wrote:I missed the first Runner, so the sequel is a natural choice.. Seems to be getting positive feedback, and honestly it's hard to mess it up.

Good to see the series continue. If you own a Wii, the first version is also available as part of the Bit Trip Collection on disc with a bonus CD soundtrack.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I have the collection, and Bit.Trip.Runner is far and away my favorite game in the series. I am excited for the sequel, and anyone that has not yet played the original should do so as soon as possible.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Hopefully it's not as difficult and, in my opinion, unfair, as the first one.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I've been playing this off and on lately on PS3. Just finished up the first "Welkin Wonderland" area, and I've been really enjoying it. The game sounds and looks really good, controls well, teaches you how to play in a straightforward manner, and (so far at least) the difficulty doesn't seem to be too harsh (playing on "Just Right"). The little 8-bit sections you can unlock in the different levels are a cool touch too.

If it weren't for PS+, I probably wouldn't have given this game a chance, but I'm glad I did. Even if you don't get it for free, it's definitely worth the asking price, IMO.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I played a demo of this at a Wal*Mart and I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand, it adds checkpoints and end level bonuses which are nice. One the other hand, I hate the style this game has. This might sound insignificant, but to me this is really important as the style was what kept me in the original. As much as I loved the gameplay, the 3d interpretation of 8-bit graphics and the synchronization of the music is what stays with me. It was a beautiful exhibition of nostalgia fueled imagery. Runner2 appears to have neither of these attributes. Admittedly, I did play it at Wal*Mart so perhaps I didn't get the best showcase of the game's music.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

It needs Homestar as an unlockable character.