Video Game Documentaries

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
rsn9910

Re: Video Game Documentaries

Post by rsn9910 »

Second Skin (2008) - a documentary about somewhat extreme MMO players. I really enjoyed it.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I suppose you don't know that when Wiebe's score was rejected, the world record was returned to the previous holder: Steve Wiebe himself, because he was already the champion. Quite the omission don't you think? :shock:

The filmakers didn't want to make a honest film. They didn't want to admit that Wiebe held the record for almost three years because that would ruin the drama. They admit it. The director is on record saying they twisted the truth, how the hell can you believe anything said in the film? :lol:

If you want to, you can look up the facts. Just google it. It's even listed on Wikipedia. You can even go to youtube and see Mitchell and Wiebe playing against each other. It's not rocket science.

The King of Kong is a good film, but a terrible documentary. Don't trust it.

(Also: If you didn't notice the "shady ass film" was obviously patched in post-production you need a new pair of glasses :lol: )
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

King of Kong had good narrative, made Mitchell look like a true villain, but it's obviously BS.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

I figured it'd have been mentioned by now, but Charlie Brooker did a docu-reviewy thing on BBC4 a couple years back, named Gameswipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QtS-7woh7g

It's more sound-bits from notable personalities (well, in the UK/Irish sense), reflecting on growing up with games, a few reviews things, a little history, and a tidbit of analysis on gaming's place in mass-media.