Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by BoringSupreez »

Well, the Vita just got a price drop in Japan. I'm sure it will make it's way over here soon, probably as an announcement on the 20th.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Yes please!

Hopefully it's more than 15% here. $200 with a small memory card would be SWEET. :mrgreen:
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

FerretGamer wrote:It's not all that surprising since they know they can get away with the firm pricing. The reality is that there isn't a whole lot of competition of software on the Vita. In addition, a lot of the excellent titles are not dropping because they are just that, excellent games for a platform that doesn't have hundreds of titles.

Speaking of sales, Sly Cooper Is on sale at Bestbuy and Amazon. $19.99 for Vita, $29.99 for PS3.

Thieves in Time? I'm almost finished with the second to last chapter of that game on the PS3 and I highly recommend it to every one. It's everything that's great about the series with a few little additions and refinements. I was a little worried about the quality of the writing, but the humor picks up considerably in chapter 3 and chapter 4 has a nice twist in the story that I saw coming but was still surprised to actually see happen. A mascot platformer is a rare breed these days so it's a game worth supporting, and buying the reasonably priced PS3 version nets you a free Vita version. My personal rating for the game right now is hovering between an 8 and a 9, leaning heavily towards 9
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Yup, Thieves of Time. It is still on sale at Amazon and Bestbuy for both versions.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

I haven't been keeping up with the Vita much. Would you guys say it's turning out to be good for someone who mostly likes RPG's, like the DS and PSP before it?

Cause currently the only games I've heard of that interest me are Project DIVA F (Which hasn't even been announced for localization), Muramasa Rebirth (Which isn't coming out until June), and Gravity (A great looking game, but I'd never buy an entire system just for one game, lol).

I haven't really heard of anything else, but like I said that could just be because I haven't been keeping up with it. On a side note, I am aware of Persona 4 Golden, but I already own the original PS2 version so their's no reason for me to spend another $40 on the same game.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

Well Hotline Miami just got announced for PS3 and Vita with cross play. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/19/hotline-miami-coming-to-ps3-and-ps-vita?abthid=5123aecd3e30fd794600009d

Sweet.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

MrEco wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the Vita much. Would you guys say it's turning out to be good for someone who mostly likes RPG's, like the DS and PSP before it?

It's had a slow start, but I expect great things in the future.

Ragnarok Odyssey is a great action-RPG.

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance is a repetitive Western hack-n-slash. Your mileage may vary with that one. I thought it was okay.

Persona 4 Golden is pretty popular. I feel the same way you do though - I already have the PS2 version, don't need another one.

I'm really pumped for Ys: Memories of Celceta, Dragon's Crown, and Muramasa Rebirth.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Persona 4 Golden is pretty popular. I feel the same way you do though - I already have the PS2 version, don't need another one.

I thought they had added a lot to the Vita version? IIRC, there's at least one character/social link that doesn't exist in the PS2 version. Might be worth it for the "ultimate" version of the game.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Stark wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Persona 4 Golden is pretty popular. I feel the same way you do though - I already have the PS2 version, don't need another one.

I thought they had added a lot to the Vita version? IIRC, there's at least one character/social link that doesn't exist in the PS2 version. Might be worth it for the "ultimate" version of the game.

Believe me, there's more than enough new content to justify a purchase. It's practically a brand-new game. Almost every last issue was fixed, and I'd say it's as close to perfect as a game can get.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Fair enough. I wasn't crazy about the original Persona 4 so Golden just isn't for me.