16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

equalsign
Next-Gen

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by equalsign »

The Wii U is not sold out in some regions, but it is probably losing some sales in other regions due to poor stock. I wasn't attempting to make a statement by comparing the Wii U's numbers to week 394 of the other consoles. I was suggesting that such a comparison was flawed.

Enthusiasm is quantifiable. There are services out there that measure the number of Twitter posts, internet searches, and televised segments. Some groups perform consumer surveys. I only know what I hear in talking to the people around me. This time 2006 everyone was talking about the Wii. This year I have heard even one conversation about the Wii U. Zero. Nada. Zip. None.

I don't feel like I'm being understood. I've spent too much time arguing with people I don't know about something I don't even care much about. To be honest, I don't even like or play video games any more. Not sure why I come here at all. Whatever. I'm out.
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

So I just had the freezing problem. ZombiU randomly froze. Hand to unplug the system to get it to respond.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Cronozilla got it! (not surprising)

On the topic of WiiU's availability it seems mixed. They did do a much better job of having a readily available stock this is for sure and they aren't fully sold out. But some areas do seem to have a harder time finding one than others. I know my area is pretty bare, people call us a lot looking for one.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

All the major stores here are sold out, go out to a more remote location and they seem easy enough to find.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I saw 2 basic and 1 deluxe model today when I went to Walmart. They weren't stocked with the Wii U games like I expected them to be, but rather in one of those glass cases at the end of the aisle. They did have them, though. Haven't checked any other stores yet.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Took Advantage of the Toys r Us buy one get one 50% off and got scribblenauts and sonic all stars racing. I kind of took a chance on Sonic Racing, but based on the high praise from here I figured for $20 I could handle it. We played it tonight with 5 people, and it was AWESOME! 4 player split screen plus the gamepad was a blast. I do see what people have been mentioning though, the image on the game pad almost looked like a low quality youtube stream, and was not up to par with what the real quality is on the screen.

The Toys r Us I went to was packed with people, but they had 3 or 4 basic systems, and one deluxe bundle right there on the shelf.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Waited until 5:30pm on Friday for it to be delivered. Eventually came, connected it all up. DOA. Blue Light of Death. Gutted.

Luckily I went into Game the following day and they were getting 5 units delivered at sometime before 12pm. I kept calling back until eventually they had some in. Thankfully that one worked.

Now I've got to wrangle with the returns department from the store I bought the first WiiU from now, not to mention paying £10 to return the damn thing...
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

Niode wrote:Waited until 5:30pm on Friday for it to be delivered. Eventually came, connected it all up. DOA. Blue Light of Death. Gutted.

Luckily I went into Game the following day and they were getting 5 units delivered at sometime before 12pm. I kept calling back until eventually they had some in. Thankfully that one worked.

Now I've got to wrangle with the returns department from the store I bought the first WiiU from now, not to mention paying £10 to return the damn thing...

Damn man, that's some bad luck right out of the box.

Regarding the Wii U availability,
It's readily available in almost all stores over here. No shortages whatsoever. In fact, one particular large store (Makro- the branch nearest me) has sold a grand total of 8 units since the system launched over here. lol
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Michi wrote:I saw 2 basic and 1 deluxe model today when I went to Walmart. They weren't stocked with the Wii U games like I expected them to be, but rather in one of those glass cases at the end of the aisle. They did have them, though. Haven't checked any other stores yet.

Seems like GameStop has them here still but I didn't see any at Target(s) or Wal-Mart.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Thierry Henry wrote:
Niode wrote:Waited until 5:30pm on Friday for it to be delivered. Eventually came, connected it all up. DOA. Blue Light of Death. Gutted.

Damn man, that's some bad luck right out of the box.

Regarding the Wii U availability,
It's readily available in almost all stores over here. No shortages whatsoever. In fact, one particular large store (Makro- the branch nearest me) has sold a grand total of 8 units since the system launched over here. lol

It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo are pulling a '3DS' where they intentionally overprice the system in order to ensure availability, then aggressively market it in six months time. Let's just hope they don't do what they did with the N64 in the UK and drop it £100 about 3 month after it launched. *shrugs* if they do something like the ambassadors program that would be cool, but it's not necassary, I feel the Wii-U is worth the price of admission.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys