I do!
18%
I don't!
82%

Total votes: 11

aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

lordofduct wrote:I've never seen that movie... is it any good?

yes, it's awesome. i can't recommend it enough.

the soundtrack is awesome, too. black flag, circle jerks, suicidal tendencies... it's awesome.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Well, I have... I mean "my screen name", has nothing to do with the Estevez film. It's to do with the neo-gothic horror rock opera that many people are raving about. At least check into it, cuz it's pretty awesome.

For those who didn't pay attention, in the future, a massive epidemic threatens the world in the form of widespread organ failures. But then, a company named GeneCo begins to offer hope in the form of financed organs. But if you can't make the payments, they resort to something similar to what Estevez does... repossession. And the Repo Man is charged with hunting down those individuals and taking back their financed organs by any means necessary. And in a society where plastic surgery is trendy, a Repo Man's work is never done.
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

REPO Man wrote:Well, I have... I mean "my screen name", has nothing to do with the Estevez film. It's to do with the neo-gothic horror rock opera that many people are raving about. At least check into it, cuz it's pretty awesome.

For those who didn't pay attention, in the future, a massive epidemic threatens the world in the form of widespread organ failures. But then, a company named GeneCo begins to offer hope in the form of financed organs. But if you can't make the payments, they resort to something similar to what Estevez does... repossession. And the Repo Man is charged with hunting down those individuals and taking back their financed organs by any means necessary. And in a society where plastic surgery is trendy, a Repo Man's work is never done.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YEAH VIDEO GAMES ROCK MAN!!! LOVE THAT PAC-MAN ON MY PSP!! Now let me tell you about AMWAY and how it can change your life! Everybody's RAVING about it and all the kids think it's KEEN! :wink:
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

REPO Man wrote:Well, I have... I mean "my screen name", has nothing to do with the Estevez film. It's to do with the neo-gothic horror rock opera that many people are raving about. At least check into it, cuz it's pretty awesome.

maybe we should talk about this movie instead:

ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

That guy in his sig hanging upside down has a sweet pony tail. Steven Segal will be suing for copywright soon.

At least this guy did introduce himself in the new members thread. I've seen worse things on here....at least it's not discount Fendi bags or some crap. However it says Paris Hilton plays some surgery obsessed bimbo...so maybe it's more like a documentary/opera.

Hey REPO guy...you in this production right? It's cool to promote your stuff....but make a few legitamate postings about games before you do this. otherwise no one will give you the time of day.

Also yes...the actual movie Repo Man is fantastic. Especailly Harry Dean Stanton. I love the genaric labels foods and "Beer."
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

To Aaron: Yes, but not here. Clueless was actually a decent movie underneath the teenage-girl crapola. Though I liked The Doom Generation better.

To ott0bot: I'm not in the production. I'm just a fan.

And remember, this is about "REPO! The Genetic Opera", not the '80s comedy "Repo Man", which again is nothing to do with me. If I may, why not just start a topic for that movie instead of spamming my topic with off-topic chatter about the latter instead of speaking about the former?
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

REPO Man wrote:To Aaron: Yes, but not here. Clueless was actually a decent movie underneath the teenage-girl crapola. Though I liked The Doom Generation better.

this is so beautifully ironic that i just shed a tear of ecstasy.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

REPO Man wrote:To Aaron: Yes, but not here. Clueless was actually a decent movie underneath the teenage-girl crapola. Though I liked The Doom Generation better.

To ott0bot: I'm not in the production. I'm just a fan.

And remember, this is about "REPO! The Genetic Opera", not the '80s comedy "Repo Man", which again is nothing to do with me. If I may, why not just start a topic for that movie instead of spamming my topic with off-topic chatter about the latter instead of speaking about the former?

I'm thinking because this is a retro site, people see Repo Man and just automatically think of the Estevez flick. This Repo opera thing is new....so people just don't know about it. I've never heard of it before, plus I am not an opera fan so it doesn't seem appealing to me.
Most of us are gamers with ADD...so thread hi-jacking is pretty common...especailly on non-game topics. Doesn't mean they have to be mean about it though! :?
Ack

Post by Ack »

I wasn't trying to be mean by bringing it up, it was just what I honestly thought.

When's Repo Opera coming out again? I should go watch that trailer... What would it be similar to? Maybe a hint of Blade Runner?
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Ack wrote:I wasn't trying to be mean by bringing it up, it was just what I honestly thought.

I wasn't talking about you, good sir. I've don't think i've ever seen you be mean! :D