Silent Hill *inside* jewel insert scan request

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Silent Hill *inside* jewel insert scan request

Post by flamepanther »

Hi all!

I recently managed to get a copy of the original Silent Hill for a really good price at a local game shop. It came with the jewel case and manual, but no jewel case insert. I bought it figuring I could just find and print the back insert. I've been able to find good scans of the rear-facing side of the insert, including the spines, but I haven't been able to track down the inside-facing side of the insert that shows behind the disc. Any help finding an existing hi-res scan (or even providing a new scan) would be very much appreciated.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: Silent Hill *inside* jewel insert scan request

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

elmagicochrisg wrote:You didn't search good enough... ;)

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/3885277/Silent_Hill_ntsc-inlay.jpg.html
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Maybe the major cover sites that don't have it pushed themselves too far up Google's results, or maybe I just needed to remember the word "inlay." Either way, thanks again.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

elmagicochrisg wrote:I searched Google pictures. Sometimes it works better than using the links section. Especially when you look for, eh, pictures... lol
That's what I was doing too, initially. Then I realized I didn't remember what the inlay looked like in the first place :P
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

elmagicochrisg wrote:I had never even seen the inlay before since I'm European. lol

Unfortunately we never got spoiled with inlays here in Europe.

It was a matter of hit and miss and some logical deduction to find what you're looking for.

Anyways, you got it now. And that's what counts... ;)

True that!

It's ironic you should mention being "spoiled" with inlays because I've sometimes wished we didn't get them here. Most of the ones we got in the NTSC-U region weren't very good (some were just adverts for other games!) so you aren't missing much. Plus it makes reproduction inserts that much more of a pain to make! ;)
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »