What game(s) will your mom actually admit to liking?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Mozgus
Next-Gen

What game(s) will your mom actually admit to liking?

Post by Mozgus »

I was raised by a woman who was convinced that video games would make me retarded, and they may have, but there was always one single game I could bring out that she confessed to playing as a youth. Joust. She even watched me play once and told me I sucked, if I remember right. I've never been able to get her to play any other video game. Nothing. This led me to wonder how exactly she came to give Joust a chance. My best guess is it involved a combination of alcohol and a boyfriend to break down her defensive stance on the technology.

How about you guys?
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

My Mum is quite a casual gamer, always been into games ever since I was little and always encouraged me to play games. I remember we had an Atari 2600, that was the first console I ever played on. Always had the latest consoles on day of launch (my mum used to enjoy playing on them as much as I did, so it didn't take much pursuading on getting the latest and greatest consoles.)

She had quite an addiction to legend of zelda when I was younger (I remember her hitting my dad with a frying pan because he deleted her level 7 save with almost all the hearts. She threw a right fit and threatened to kick my dad out for good!) Good times :P

So I guess that game would have to be any Zelda game, she's just recently got Phantom Hourglass and she's beating me so far!

She's also got a 1500+ rating on Wii sports tennis and can kick my arse at it. I'm hopeless at it. I'm better than her at bowling though :D
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Adderall
32-bit

Post by Adderall »

my mom is pretty good at Ms Pacman. She probably likes it because it goes along with the whole "womens rights" pac movement. :roll:

There was one time I came home early from school and I caught my dad playing my Virtual Boy. That was a sight to behold because he never told me he liked it or anything. I didn't have the stand, so he was laying face down on the couch playing it. haha.

Other then that, the only interest my folks had with games was to use them as leverage by taking them away from me. >:O
elph
32-bit

Post by elph »

My mom loves DDR and WiiSports. She's definitely not into any classic games. I only remember her playing Super Mario Brothers on the day we got the NES.
pocket
24-bit

Post by pocket »

Even though she doesn't play anymore my mom used to be able to beat contra and super c with one life. Today, lets just say her skills are lacking.
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

My mom used to play Space Invaders and Tetris...thats it.
The Apprentice
128-bit

Post by The Apprentice »

My mom has beaten level 250 in Wario's Woods. :lol:
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

I dont think my mom has ever touched a game system. O wait she did dust mine off once...
kyuu
16-bit

Post by kyuu »

My Mother thinks of video games as an medium that is potentially dangerous for the small minds of kids...-.-
(she is working for the government in a children care facility)

So she isnt exactly liking my video game fanatism, but she is tolerating it, as one of my hobbies.
ubelaffe
64-bit

Post by ubelaffe »

I think it was "Twisted Edge: Extreme Snowboarding" for the n64. The only move she could do was "tuna salad" and that became a family joke. I'm sure my mom played a few others, but that was the funniest and most memorable.