lukemorse1's final video

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
winds
128-bit

lukemorse1's final video

Post by winds »

I think there are a lot of us here who could learn from this guys final video that was made today. I just found out not more than 10 minutes ago and can honestly say it's a huge wake up call for me. I am not married but am deeply in love with the coolest girl in the world. Sometimes we can get lost in our hobbies and forget to stop and tell the ones we love just how much they mean to us, and how utterly amazing they really are.

If some of you are unaware who lukemorse1 is, he was a really good video game reviewer from the US that lived in Japan. He literally had 100's of systems and 1000's of games. He uploaded 2-3 videos a day, and was constantly buying game related things. You can see this in the 700 or so videos he uploaded while only being a Youtuber for less than 9 months. This ulimately led to his wife and son leaving him. It's a shame because he was the happiest guy in the world in everyone of his videos, constantly laughing and smiling. What a change in his final video...

Anyways, after seeing the video I just felt the need to urge everyone on here with a significant other, or children of their own, to go tell them how much you love them :). Do it NOW!!!

Here's a link to his final video if anyone is interested in watching it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhaBPKrk7RA
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
KholdStare
128-bit

Re: lukemorse1's final video

Post by KholdStare »

Yeah, I watched this earlier, super sad. I actually lost a GF when she seen my collection, definitely sets your priorities straight. I thought he was gonna break down and start destroying shit though. I feel bad for him. But he should've paid more attention and focus to where it was important. Hope he learned his lesson and gets his family back.
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

Wow, sucks for him. I respect that he learned a lesson and that he is willing to endure humiliation to be honest about it. Hopefully his family will give him a chance to do right.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

KholdStare wrote:Yeah, I watched this earlier, super sad. I actually lost a GF when she seen my collection, definitely sets your priorities straight.

Wait. . . it seems he lost his wife because he spent all his time collecting and playing games, not because he had lots of games. If some chick dumped you just because you have lots of games. . . well then she wasn't worth the time anyway.
KholdStare
128-bit

Post by KholdStare »

Jrecee wrote:
KholdStare wrote:Yeah, I watched this earlier, super sad. I actually lost a GF when she seen my collection, definitely sets your priorities straight.

Wait. . . it seems he lost his wife because he spent all his time collecting and playing games, not because he had lots of games. If some chick dumped you just because you have lots of games. . . well then she wasn't worth the time anyway.

Well true enough. We started dating and she came into my room and started looking around and she just started laughing and goes "jesus dude...no way" yeah she pretty much said it wouldn't work out after that. Fuck her.
vejita
64-bit

Post by vejita »

I feel really bad for the guy, but I also feel for the wife and kid. If he's spending all his free time buying things for himself and making videos then he's doing a major disservice to his family, not just a woman who doesn't get his hobby. Did he even try to include them? I'd only wonder because other married men with kids don't have their wives leaving them, even if the man's hobby isn't their thing. I would love to see a kid of mine get along with our hobbies or at least the kid would feel included.
porygon
24-bit

Post by porygon »

That was pretty saddening, though I can't imagine his hobby taking up that much time, since he records his videos in one take. But hopefully he gets his family back together.
<3
maiku
8-bit

Post by maiku »

winds wrote:Anyways, after seeing the video I just felt the need to urge everyone on here with a significant other, or children of their own, to go tell them how much you love them :). Do it NOW!!!

Or better yet, SHOW them! Spend some time with them. Hell, some kids are happy if you just sit next to them and watch them play. Your priorities have to shift when you have kids. It sucks, but it's part of the package.

I just checked out one of his post-shopping spree videos. Not to rag on the guy, but it was painful to watch. He seemed to be coming down from that new toy high and needed to share it with someone. Reminds me of people that get a rush from shopping and buy mountains of clothes that they don't need. Hopefully he'll get another chance and work things out.
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

I was a big fan of Luke's videos. I've watched quite a few of em and it's very sad to see this happen. It's totally fine to spend a lot of money/time on hobbies you enjoy, unless it's harming others, especially a wife and kid who depend on you for so much.

When I watch Luke's videos, it reminds me a lot of myself. I don't live in Japan but I'm obsessed about collecting lots of Japanese games. Luke's Japanese language skills seem to be pretty close to my own as well. If I was in his shoes, I would be going to stores like Hard Off all the time too.

However, unlike Luke, I know better than to have a wife and/or kids. You guys already know how I feel about marriage. If I have no reason to do it, I won't do it. As for children, I decided a long time ago never to do that either and now I can proudly say that it's impossible for me to have children. Just don't tell that to any women I'm trying to date. (^_^);

It really bothers me to see people have kids for selfish reasons. When it comes to children, you need to do everything you can for them and try your best to raise them to be the best person possible. If you aren't willing to sacrifice your time/money/quality of life, do us all a favor and don't have kids.
jrod1986
24-bit

Post by jrod1986 »

I can proudly say that it's impossible for me to have children

Are you in the Vienna Boys' Choir?