Titles of Interest Before XB 360 Market Closure

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Gucci
64-bit

Re: Titles of Interest Before XB 360 Market Closure

Post by Gucci »

Nah no worries. Technically you can attach an external hdd up to 2TB which is massive for the size of the games during that generation.

I agree regarding the backwards compatibility at the time. I remember watching that MVG’s video on the subject. If you take a look at the Wikipedia page, there are a total of 462 games that can be played on the 360. The issue is more than half have some sort of problem: from audio glitches to severe performance issues.

For the games that are forward compatible, I don’t know if those issues were minimized or resolved. I admit that I don’t know too much about system architecture, but doesn’t the Xbox One and Series consoles run x86 chipsets? Or is it x86-64? Sorry I don’t really know all that much. But if so, I’d have to imagine that the small list of original titles running better.

Edit: I checked and yeah, they shifted back to x86 architecture with the Xbox One after the 360’s PowerPC. Regardless, Original games on the 360 wasn’t easy.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Yeah, really pretty amazing they got as many OGX games working on 360 with the different architecture, albeit with some quirks.

Updated OP. Look like XB Wire is officially keeping this running list updated with titles on sale. Up to 66 as of today:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/05/14/ ... lable-now/

Convenient links direct to marketplace. If you're not aware, many people (all?) having issues purchasing direct from 360 console so having to buy from online portal.

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Something else I've been considering are games that fit this criteria:
- Still available on 360 storefront
- Not part of XB1/S backwards compatibility
- Physical copies expensive
- Digital price notably cheaper

While it's also on PS3, Eternal Sonata fits that list:
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Prod ... nosplash=1

Physical copies will run you $30 - $45. I might be picking this one up.

Fortunately several other 360 RPGs are part of BC program or had a XB1 remaster.

Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

I was going to add Ikaruga but it fails the second bullet point. The physical prices, according to PriceCharting, are quite high for a CIB for basically every version: from the JP DC version, to the GameCube, and the re-releases on the Switch and PS4.
Screenshot 2024-05-26 114935.png
Screenshot 2024-05-26 114935.png (134.74 KiB) Viewed 216 times
$9.99 on Xbox.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Solid reminder I need to play Ikaruga AND Radiant Silvergun *loses retro street cred* 8)

Good news... reading the 360 sale will add more titles June 18 and July 16!

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Okay ... just picked up:

- Legend of Kay Anniversary @ $7.49
- Rez HD @ $9.99

Rez wasn't on sale, but $10 standalone vs the physical release (within Qubed) running 40 bucks.

I know LoK Anniversary is available on other systems, but for ~8 bucks on my HD platform of choice, I'm in.

Will wait for the final rounds of on sale titles to be listed and follow up. Off-hand, I'm leaning towards Eternal Sonata & Alien Rage.

Worth noting, it did let me purchase from my console via PayPal linked. A lot of ppl reporting issues with this and have to use the web pages.

... clock is ticking! Last month.

[Edit/Add] - Hoping the 3 Alien Breed titles go on sale. These have always looked fun to me:
https://www.trueachievements.com/series/Alien-Breed

Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

I’ve had issues with the webpages to buy the games. It won’t let me sign in. It just hangs on a blank screen.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Gucci wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:13 am I’ve had issues with the webpages to buy the games. It won’t let me sign in. It just hangs on a blank screen.

It does seem touchy. It lets me sign in on web. Now ... getting my 360 console logged into my profile was interesting.

Turns out it's because I have MFA/dual factor login turned on for my MS profile. A ton of XB accounts were getting hacked last year so I activated that. Technically the 360 console does not support multi-factor auth so you have manually create an "app password" to leverage "two step verification" via directions here ->

How to Use MS App PWs

You only have to do it once. From there, your 360 console will show in your MS devices on your profile. Pretty cool to see a near 20 year old console under my MS assets alongside my XB1S & XBSX. It does show my 360 warranty has expired :lol:

Hope that's helpful for anyone who might be booting up their 360 for the first time in awhile & trying to make last minute purchases before marketplace closure.

Now, waiting on the June 18 and July 16 reported additional sales coming 8)

Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

I went over from Chrome to Edge and it worked for me. Even though they are on other platforms, Singularity and the first Sonic cart racer are on my list. Eternal Sonata as well.