What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Smile - my air conditioner is fixed and working well
Frown - it cost me a thousand fucking dollars
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

ElkinFencer10 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 pm Smile - my air conditioner is fixed and working well
Ugh, the AC in my car isn't working. It's either a $25 sensor, or a several hundred dollar compressor. I was eager to find out which, but the old sensor broke while trying to remove it. Hopefully it wont be a pain to extract it.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Ziggy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 pm
ElkinFencer10 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 pm Smile - my air conditioner is fixed and working well
Ugh, the AC in my car isn't working. It's either a $25 sensor, or a several hundred dollar compressor. I was eager to find out which, but the old sensor broke while trying to remove it. Hopefully it wont be a pain to extract it.
Yeah, unfortunately this was the HVAC in my house. I had to replace the compressor and blend door in my car a few years ago; cost me $500.

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: The AC in my place crapped out some time ago.

:x The only good thing about the cold weather we've been having is that I didn't need AC.

:arrow: Thankfully it's a window unit so I'd imagine it'd be easier to replace than an outdoor unit.

:lol: Cheaper, too.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm
Yeah, unfortunately this was the HVAC in my house. I had to replace the compressor and blend door in my car a few years ago; cost me $500.
$1053 later....

Ack

Post by Ack »

Mine is also out. I'm hoping it's just low on coolant. I've had the compressor go out before, and it led to issues with engine overheating that I'm not having now. That said, different make and model car too, so who knows.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm
Mine is also out. I'm hoping it's just low on coolant. I've had the compressor go out before, and it led to issues with engine overheating that I'm not having now. That said, different make and model car too, so who knows.
I was at least able to confirm that it is the AC flow sensor. So now the only trouble will be extracting the broken one so I can fit the new one in.
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Ticked: I suppose I'm done mowing today. One of the pto belts broke. The only place locally that may have the correct replacement in stock is closed on Sunday. I'm gonna check tomorrow and see if I can get a new one.

Really sucks because I was about 80% done with all I needed to do.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Last time I mowed the lawn, I forgot to shower and change my clothes afterwards and the hours after going to bed I ended up itchy AF and let's just say that I never mowed the lawn again. Oh, and I was KO'ed by Benadryl for about a day while I recovered.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ziggy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:45 pm
Ack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm

I was at least able to confirm that it is the AC flow sensor. So now the only trouble will be extracting the broken one so I can fit the new one in.
So I was able to fix the problem. Thank God, because it's suppose to be pretty warm tomorrow. I had to remove a few parts to get better access to where the sensor is. Which included the lower radiator hose, which meant I had to drain the coolant. But doing all of this made me realize that my coolant was low, the overflow tank was bone dry, and that made me realize that I don't think I've ever changed the coolant since I've had the car. With other stuff going on, I didn't have the time or energy to do a good flush. But I at least drained it and refilled it with new coolant. And yeah, I was able to extract the broken sensor and replace it. It was actually easy to get out, once I had the room to get at it. It might be a little waste of money on the coolant, but I figured a drain and refill is better than leaving the old shit. I figure I'll do a proper flush maybe after the summer.
opa wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm Ticked: I suppose I'm done mowing today. One of the pto belts broke. The only place locally that may have the correct replacement in stock is closed on Sunday. I'm gonna check tomorrow and see if I can get a new one.

Really sucks because I was about 80% done with all I needed to do.
Ugh, I'm kinda getting sick of that. It's getting harder and harder these days to get things locally. The world shifted to ordering everything online. But when you need something TODAY, it's very annoying that shops don't stock as many things anymore.

Yesterday, I wanted to get one of those coolant funnel kits (because refilling coolant without one is very annoying). No Auto Zone, Advance Auto or Wal Mart in my area stocks them in stores. Luckily Harbor Freight stocks them.