What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by stickem »

Surgery on my groin hernia went well. I'm 2 weeks out and i think i'll go back to work monday. The first week was rough. Felt like i was stabbed in my lower stomach and being racked in my nuts for the most part. Still a little swelling and pain if i'm out and about for too long, but it's getting better. Dam, doctors are stingy with the pain meds these days. Got a 3 day supply of 7.5 tabs to come home with and had to beg to get 3 more days worth. They hand shit out left and right for pill poppers, but if you have surgery you're fucked i guess. The fentanyl cocktail before surgery had my ass saying some funny shit i guess . Wife said i told the doc "i just wanted to play some ball, not break my ding a ling!"
marurun

Post by marurun »

I found for more minor surgeries that ibuprofen and acetaminophen work just fine for me. Might be worth trying some of the milder, safer stuff. It might just work for you! Regardless, good luck on your path to full pain-free life.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

marurun wrote:I found for more minor surgeries that ibuprofen and acetaminophen work just fine for me. Might be worth trying some of the milder, safer stuff. It might just work for you! Regardless, good luck on your path to full pain-free life.

Thanks man. I tell you what, i have more respect for c section moms. My wife has had 3. Same area but double the incision.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Hope you're doing better, stickems.

:cry: Another week, another movie night plan getting the kibosh.

My oldest niece has an appointment and won't be in town and it just wouldn't be right to exclude her. It'd be cruel, especially after the last movie night... er, movie afternoon, where I didn't find out she had dance cheer practice until after my mom picked me up.

I was already trying to figure out whether to show Halloween III: Season of the Witch or Night of the Comet.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: My oldest niece is going to visit some family members so that means yet another movie night down the tubes.

:) But it looks like I'll be off Halloween and next Friday, so I figure if everyone isn't doing anything else I'll screen The Nightmare Before Christmas. And if I can get every Friday off and get everyone together I'll be able to take advantage of daylight savings ending on the 5th by doing double features. For the girls' movies nights in November I'll focus on coming-of-age comedies like Clueless and Sixteen Candles. And for the all-ages movie nights I'll screen the Spider-Verse movies. December will be all about Christmas movies and specials.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Ordered a Loki Zero last month an it finally came two days ago. I initially bought the model with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD but after discussing it on the Ayn Discord I went with the 4+128 model and bought an 8GB RAM chip and a 2TB SSD. And so far it's pretty fucking boss! After a few tweaks I'm going to burn JELOS to a microSD and use it for emulation while using Windows for native PC games.

:( Halloween movie night is a no-go and this Friday the kids are going to a thing a local church does the first Friday of the month. That's five movie nights tanked. Hopefully next Friday will work.

:cry: My brother's court date for today was postponed and he won't have another chance for another month.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote:That's five movie nights tanked. Hopefully next Friday will work.

Five Movie Nights at REPOs.

I smell franchise!
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Hopefully this one's not from the guy who did an animated Christian movie with bad CGI about the dangers of reading.

Also it wouldn't be at my place. It's barely big enough for me. I hope that if my landlord decides to sell it he'll give me a chance to get the cash (possibly via GoFundMe) to buy it and hopefully have some cash for a few repairs and extend the front by enough to have room for a washer and dryer along with an oven. And if it's able to accommodate two people I'll just rent it out to my brother and his wife when I move to NYC.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote:Hopefully this one's not from the guy who did an animated Christian movie with bad CGI about the dangers of reading.

Are you talking about his adaptation of "The Pilgrim's Progress?" Given that the source material is a rather-long 17th century novel that seems like an odd take, but I haven't seen it.

Is it very easy to find a copy or stream it?

Also it wouldn't be at my place. It's barely big enough for me. I hope that if my landlord decides to sell it he'll give me a chance to get the cash (possibly via GoFundMe) to buy it and hopefully have some cash for a few repairs and extend the front by enough to have room for a washer and dryer along with an oven. And if it's able to accommodate two people I'll just rent it out to my brother and his wife when I move to NYC.

This attractive woman with two kids appears to have made $160.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tbx2a8-buy-a-new-house

So set your expectations accordingly. And maybe start saving.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If you could afford property in the Outer Banks you would have moved to NYC ages ago.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.