GrimGrimoire OnceMore kind of sucks

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

GrimGrimoire OnceMore kind of sucks

Post by Raging Justice »

You know, people always say that RTS games don't work on console because the control interface just doesn't work well with a controller. Well, it's true. Everything about GrimGrimoire feels clumsy and awkward. The AI on your units is dumb as fuck too.

Ugh, I expected more from a Vanillaware game
Ack

Re: GrimGrimoire OnceMore kind of sucks

Post by Ack »

Herzog Zwei would like a word, though in general I have found console RTS games lacking, sometimes due to controls, sometimes simply due to the limited tech. For instance, split screen combat in StarCraft 64 removes a crucial piece of the RTS experience, where you have to scout out the enemy.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: GrimGrimoire OnceMore kind of sucks

Post by Raging Justice »

GrimGrimoire is cheap as fuck too. When you attack an enemy area, the exact unit it needs to destroy your attackers instantly spawns. That's not possible. Anytime I want to create any type of unit there is a wait time for it.

The only reason I've made any progress in the game is because you can save scum i.e. save and reload any time you want. I wish every Vanillaware game was the sublime perfection that is 13 Sentinels and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Every other game in their catalogue seems to fall very short of those two masterpieces.

Ack wrote:Herzog Zwei would like a word, though in general I have found console RTS games lacking, sometimes due to controls, sometimes simply due to the limited tech. For instance, split screen combat in StarCraft 64 removes a crucial piece of the RTS experience, where you have to scout out the enemy.

Herzog Zwei is something I may have to give a go one day. I loved StarCraft on PC, one of the very few PC games I have played. I can't imagine it on a console though. I don't consider myself a PC gamer. 90% of the games I have played in my life are console, arcade, or handheld. Yet I have to concede to the "master race" that we just can't do RTS games very well on console.