What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote:
Ack wrote:You plan to give a couple of 7-year-olds a bunch of M-rated survival horror games?

Among other things, including Thrill Kill

That is horribly inappropriate. Did you ask their parents if they were ok with you giving them M-rated games or did you decide that was ok on your own?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

I just looked up the game.

Jesus Christmas man.

Even with the graphical fidelity being what it is, there was a reason why this game was cancelled. And you’re planning on giving access to the game to young children?

I’m not a prude but what the actual fuck dude…

I’m mean seriously. Do you not ask their parents about what their kids like? You don’t ask for suggestions? I mean this is basic shit dude.

I don’t have kids myself. Just a nephew but I would never ever get him something that was inappropriate for their age. His big thing right now is Pokémon. You know how I found out? I asked his parents. You know what I got for him for Christmas? Pokémon stuff.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I recant my defense.

I laughed pretty hard at this.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

I don't like 3D fighters - what makes this one so egregious? Wiki was skimpy on the details (pun mildly intended).
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Based on what I was able to find myself, it looks like the game was set out to be the MK of the 5th generation: gory, ultra-violent. It was close to having an AO rating too.

Here’s some info about it.

Not all was lost. The engine, game, and experience was reworked for future, less violent games so there’s that.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Went to bed at around 6am and got up just after 5pm today. Now I'm back to scraping games. Still on SNES, currently on all the "Super" titles. After that I've gotta scrape GB, GBA, GBC, Virtual Boy, NeoGeo Pocket, TurboGrafx 16, TurboGrafx CD and all the arcade games (spread across dedicated FBA, NeoGeo and MAME folders). Then I've gotta fix the artwork for some PS1 games, tweak some random shit, install Project Eris on the other PSC and the copy all the games from the first PSC flash drive to the second.

Hopefully I'll be done by tomorrow afternoon, because I have to go over to Veronica's house tomorrow to stay the night (and bake cookies and watch Christmas specials with the kids).
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Dude, how fucking old are these kids because you haven't answered that. Are you giving adult material to young kids without their parents consent? What the fuck is wrong with you?
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

The boys are 6 or 7.

And after remembering the sexual content in it, I'm removing Thrill Kill. The presence of sexual content is also why I'm not including the Duke Nukem 3D port or the unlicensed NES remake of Leisure Suit Larry.

Does anyone know if there's any strong sexual content in the PS1 Duke Nukem games?
marurun

Post by marurun »

Yup, tits are evil but zombies gnawing your arm off are no prob! Good god you are a broken human…
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

marurun wrote:Yup, tits are evil but zombies gnawing your arm off are no prob!

Crazy enough that's more or less a scathing indictment of the state of American media, especially our film industry.