SNES games playable on Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
HellHammer
64-bit

SNES games playable on Switch

Post by HellHammer »

I’ve been looking around for Super Nintendo games that have been ported to the Switch in one way or another, but only found a few so far.

MegaMan Legacy Collection (MM7, MM8)
MegaMan X Legacy Collection (X, X2, X3)
Mana Collection (Secret of Mana, SD3/Trials)
Wild Guns Reloaded
Ninja Warriors: Once Again
Romancing SaGa 2

Maybe you guys know of some more that I’m missing? Thanks!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: SNES games playable on Switch

Post by alienjesus »

You're missing Super Castlevania IV and Contra III, which are both available via Konami's downloadable collections.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head. It's worth noting that Wild Guns Reloaded isn't actually exactly like the SNES version - the levels, characters, weapons and difficulty level are all a bit different, and the graphics are higher quality too.

Mega Man 8 was also not a Super Nintendo game - you might be getting mixed up with MegaMan & Bass, which was on Super Nintendo, but isn't on the Mega Man Legacy collection.
HellHammer
64-bit

Post by HellHammer »

Yes! Great, I knew I was missing something!

Thanks for pointing out the differences in Wild Guns, as I never really played much of the original.

Must have been a wired crossed in my brain about Mega Man 8, You’re spot on about my Rockman and Bass mix up. Haha. Really too bad that one wasn’t included on the Legacy Collection as well..
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well, there's a rumor that SNES games are being added to the Switch Online service. Apparently, Ninty filed a patent for Switch SNES controllers, much like they did with NES controllers before launching the NES games on there. It would make timely sense, given that the service will be a year old next month.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

The Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle has Final Fight, Captain Commando, King of Dragons, and Knights of the Round if you count that.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Those were all arcade titles first, and SNES ports second, and the Switch versions are the arcade versions, so I personally wouldn't count those.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.