Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
MrPopo

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by MrPopo »

marurun wrote:I'm also pretty hype for the Switch version of DQ11.

So am I, even though I already beat it on PS4, because I want to play the 2D graphics.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I am also excited for the Switch version even though I already played it on PC with the orchestral mod. Will be nice playing it with the newly made Japanese audio, orchestral OST officially included, and the 16-bit graphics. Plus being able to play it on the go makes it even better.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I'm going to have to wait to play Toejam and Earl, because I'm waiting on the physical release from LRG to ship.

Super Mario Maker 2 is definitely the one I'm really waiting for though. I loved the first game, it was such an ingenious idea and kept me hooked for hours, weeks and months. The best thing was sharing levels with each other here and learning ideas from one another to build better and better levels. It was so much fun not just spending a few hours creating levels, but also enjoying countless hours playing other people's levels. Everyone hear made some amazing ones in that thread we had going.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Reprise wrote:I'm going to have to wait to play Toejam and Earl, because I'm waiting on the physical release from LRG to ship.

Super Mario Maker 2 is definitely the one I'm really waiting for though. I loved the first game, it was such an ingenious idea and kept me hooked for hours, weeks and months. The best thing was sharing levels with each other here and learning ideas from one another to build better and better levels. It was so much fun not just spending a few hours creating levels, but also enjoying countless hours playing other people's levels. Everyone hear made some amazing ones in that thread we had going.

I can not WAIT to see what everyone here makes! I love pushing each other to get better and improve! I really believe we all really got the elements we were trying to portray whether they were gimmick levels or traditional Mario levels. This and dragon quest builders 2 are my most anticipated games on the switch.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Reprise wrote:I'm going to have to wait to play Toejam and Earl, because I'm waiting on the physical release from LRG to ship.

I can not WAIT to see what everyone here makes! I love pushing each other to get better and improve! I really believe we all really got the elements we were trying to portray whether they were gimmick levels or traditional Mario levels. This and dragon quest builders 2 are my most anticipated games on the switch.

Oh, damn! This is the first I'm hearing about it. This'll be a day-1 purchase for me for sure.

So looking at the screenshots on Nintendo.com, it looks like we're finally getting slopes! I also see the Angry Sun from SMB3, 3D World assets (enemies, clear tubes, cat powerup) and path creation for certain things.

My only concern is the Wii U Gamepad versus the Switch. With the Gamepad, I could design with the touchscreen and then look up at the TV screen when testing or playing levels. With the Switch though, you'll have to switch between handheld and docked mode to accomplish the same thing. That isn't nearly as seamless.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

So one of the big things ninte do did in the ui change in level creation is that it looks like you can use the right thumbstick as a wheel to select your creation tools. I will most definitely be playing almost exclusively in handheld mode and just use the touchscreen.

I eagerly await your stuff ziggy! I know Mario maker was your biggest jam and rightfully so. I was a big skeptic of the game before it came out but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and got it and was instantly hooked. Definitely my most favorite game on the wii u.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I eagerly await your stuff ziggy! I know Mario maker was your biggest jam and rightfully so. I was a big skeptic of the game before it came out but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and got it and was instantly hooked. Definitely my most favorite game on the wii u.

Thanks! The thread here was really good motivation to make levels, being that you had a community to talk about them with. I don't know if I would have had as much fun if it weren't for that. Either way, it was definitely my favorite on the U as well.

Which brings up... How will Nintendo handle the online? Will they learn from the mistakes from the first game? It was definitely flawed. I feel like if it weren't for the thread here, most of my levels would have been banned from no body playing them.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Another thought: I hope you don't have to go through an unlock process to get every item like you did with the first game. That was annoying. I understood the idea, but surely veterans of the first game shouldn't have to go through that again!

Whatever, I pre-ordered my copy!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm really hoping that levels from Mario Maker (1) will be playable in the second game. But I feel like this is unlikely.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

I just can't wait to bust out my mega Mario amiibo and use it to make crazy Mario levels with it. That was the only amiibo that did something exclusive to the game. I still reminisce about my old attack on Titan Mario level.