Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I want to get Fable:TLC and Fable 3 on PC, but Fable 3 is impossible to find. Which blows. Makes me kind of want to get a 360 again and drop the PS3... but then I lose PS1 and the slight PS2 access. PSTV would have been an option if I had grabbed it before they went up a ton in price. The BC on the 360 is also really impressive.

Also, anybody know what to do about PS3 controllers? Official ones are hard to find, and I'm not sure what to trust when it comes to third party.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

lol had a review rejected from GameFAQs because they didn't like my screenshots. What a shitty ass site.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:lol had a review rejected from GameFAQs because they didn't like my screenshots. What a shitty ass site.

I submitted a guide years ago for Pocket Tennis Color detailing how to get all of the trophies. It's never been put up. I was never given a reason whether it was rejected or simply forgotten.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You guys just don't have a sexy name like I do. That's how you get your FAQs accepted. Also helps if it's for a game that most people didn't even know existed.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I thought it would be "fun" to submit reviews this year. As a way to immortalize them; simply posting them on a message board they soon get lost in the shuffle. Not that I ever have anything "important" to say, but I digress..........

Their submission process blows. It takes forever to get anything approved. Reviews are rejected on a whim. Their review "standards" are far too strict, I felt like I had to self-censor and be as bland as possible. I entered "Review of the Month" a couple of times only to realize that only press releases for modern AAA games are eligible. Just not a fun time.

This doesn't even touch on the fact that the place is crawling with trolls and shit-talkers.

I like the site for its FAQs and legit content. But I see no reason to ever log-in again.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I thought it would be "fun" to submit reviews this year. As a way to immortalize them; simply posting them on a message board they soon get lost in the shuffle. Not that I ever have anything "important" to say, but I digress..........

Their submission process blows. It takes forever to get anything approved. Reviews are rejected on a whim. Their review "standards" are far too strict, I felt like I had to self-censor and be as bland as possible. I entered "Review of the Month" a couple of times only to realize that only press releases for modern AAA games are eligible. Just not a fun time.

This doesn't even touch on the fact that the place is crawling with trolls and shit-talkers.

I like the site for its FAQs and legit content. But I see no reason to ever log-in again.

You can log in there? :lol:

I agree completely, BTW.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Bone, I liked when you kept your blog.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

NotLuke wrote:5. Mean Streets - Raekwon

Hell yeah.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

My local Round 1 is hosting a Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune 5 tournament tonight and I actually signed up for it.

I've never actually played in a video game tournament before. I also don't consider myself in any way a high-level player of a racing games. I've never even directly raced against someone who knows what they're doing in this game.
But as of earlier this week there were only two other people signed up, so I feel like I've got a PRETTY DECENT CHANCE of getting third place, which means a trophy and a card full of game-credits. And at least I've finished story mode, giving me a maxed out car, which means I probably won't COMPLETELY embarrass myself.
I'm excited to find out what the competition is actually like!

UPDATE: I came in 11th out of 12. I lost; my two races were both tracks I'm extra-bad at. But it was a fun experience and I wasn't dead-last! A bunch of folks came from hours away, and I had no idea these people even existed.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oh man I want this. Probably impossible to find now.
https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/145031442000