Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by the7k »

Getting a Vita and then being squicked out by sexual themes is right on par with going to a Hellraiser marathon when you feint at the sight of blood.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

the7k wrote:Getting a Vita and then being squicked out by sexual themes is right on par with going to a Hellraiser marathon when you feint at the sight of blood.

Or buying Grand Theft Auto and being disturbed by simulated gun violence.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Those analogies don't make any sense dudes. Can't compare the library of an entire console to one specific game or movie.

I like the Vita. I don't like how lazy JRPG developers are.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Not even close to true. There's still quite a few games that don't go the ecchi route. It's tremendously disappointing, though, that JRPG-related games fall into that category because they sell. I get to buy games in other genres, though.

To be honest, the primary reason for my buying (er, receiving as a gift) a Vita was Ys: Memories of Celceta.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

If anyone missed out on Soldner X2's physical release through Limited Run Games you will be happy to hear that its getting an asia region physical release as well: http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.php/n ... nuary-2017

As a side, anyone else been buying all the Limited Run Games releases? I don't even have access to my vita or my collection right but I keep buying them. So I will have a huge stack of vita games to open when I do go home haha.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

MrHealthy wrote:If anyone missed out on Soldner X2's physical release through Limited Run Games you will be happy to hear that its getting an asia region physical release as well: http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.php/n ... nuary-2017

As a side, anyone else been buying all the Limited Run Games releases? I don't even have access to my vita or my collection right but I keep buying them. So I will have a huge stack of vita games to open when I do go home haha.

Thank you for reminding me about this site! I've been meaning to look back at it for a while, but I forgot what the name of the website was Xp

Also pretty confident I'll be getting a Vita TV now. Now I'm just debating on whether I wanna run out and buy one now, or wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday when I might be able to get a deal on one.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

MrHealthy wrote:As a side, anyone else been buying all the Limited Run Games releases?

No. I buy games that look interesting and that I actually want to play. I don't buy things simply for "collector's item" status. Nothing on Limited Run seems exclusive either, I can generally get the games cheaper through another avenue (Steam or whatever).

That said, if something really cool-looking and exclusive (like a Class of Heroes II type situation) appeared I may be tempted but it hasn't happened yet.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I bought Soldner X2, but that's the only one. I kinda agree with BoneSnapDeez, in my opinion (my tastes in games), Limited Run's choices of games have hardly been great. Most of the titles I've had little, if any, interest in. The only one I kinda wish I had picked, was Oddworld. In fact, I was going to buy it, but I sat and thought about it for too long on the page and by the time I refreshed, they'd gone (I couldn't be bothered to stay up late for the second release).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

MrHealthy wrote:As a side, anyone else been buying all the Limited Run Games releases?

Nope, I have no interest in getting them all. There's just so many games out there that I don't bother with grabbing ones that I know I won't play and like, limited or not. If all the games that Limited Run produced were all ones I was interested in playing, then I would.

The ones that I've grabbed so far are: Shadow Complex Remastered, Thomas Was Alone, and Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

laurenhiya21 wrote:

Nope, I have no interest in getting them all. There's just so many games out there that I don't bother with grabbing ones that I know I won't play and like, limited or not. If all the games that Limited Run produced were all ones I was interested in playing, then I would.

Same here. Unfortunately nothing they've printed has really grabbed my interest. Except for Thomas Is Alone, but I already played that, and have no desire to buy or play it a second time.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores