What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by noiseredux »

don't get me wrong. I think V is great. I just haven't played it as much. Did at launch but a lot of content was missing. A lot has been added since and I keep meaning to revisit.

And feeling like 3 or Alphas is far from a slight. I love those games as well.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I've explained my hatred of SFIV til I'm blue in the face so I'm not going to bother again. I'll just leave it at, I'm glad it's finally gone.

Currently playing Mother Russia Bleeds and loving it a bit too much, which is ironic I guess considering I was planning to refund it due to how frustrating it was the first time I went through it but then realized I was over the 2 hour limit and thus decided to just keep going with it.

But I really need to put it down and play something else.
marurun

Post by marurun »

noiseredux wrote:I never got the hate.

I love 3 big time. Just saying.

But 4 feels like a modern version of 2 to me. Like, take the visuals away and it's just 2 with more roster. I never had a problem playing it exactly like 2. And it is one of my most played SF games really.

5 might technically be better. It actually reminds me more of 3 or Alphas. But I've played it a lot less.

I didn't play much Super Turbo at all, so maybe IV is more like that, but I don't feel like IV is anything like II, II'/CE or II Turbo. I don't think Super Turbo should be considered II at all. It should be it's own thing.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I played a good chunk of Super Turbo. I don't feel that IV is anything like ST. ST is much faster paced and has far higher damage.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

IV felt like a medium between II and Alpha, at least to me. I could play Ken a lot more like the Alpha series than SFII.

Personally, I've always preferred the Alpha games anyway. SFII is important and good, but there are just things with how the fighting feels in Alpha 3 that just resonate with me more.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I am playing Human Resource Macine. It is a sublime puzzle game from the creators of Little Inferno and World of Goo (which are also excellent, BTW). Human Resource Machine plays very similarly to Robot Odyssey (a/k/a the hardest game of all time), and in it, you must program an office worker to perform menial tasks. I am about half way through it, and figuring out how to make your little office worker perform tasks withe the limited commands available to you is immensely satisfying. Moreover, genuinely fun puzzle games based on coding are few and far between; so, it also offers a fairly unique experience, all wrapped in superb art direction.

Highly recommended.
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

I am currently played Zelda: Link Between Worlds. Not very far into, but its a great game so far. :mrgreen:
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I picked up de Blob the other day for a couple of bucks, and it's actually pretty darn fun. The design is a little all over the place, with the Katamari-ish level painting under a time limit, the hidden platforming collectables, and the small missions in each hub/stage, but it works pretty well. I just REALLY wish jumping were bound to a button. Holy shit, do I wish jumping were bound to a button (and that Blob moved a little faster, or had a run button).
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Assault Suit Leynos (PS4) - Made the mistake of trying Classic mode before Arcade, and holy hell! They just bum rush the shit out of you from square one. After 5 times of getting decimated, I switched to Arcade Mode.

Pretty neat how you can choose your gear between missions, and having the extra difficulty in managing your resources.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That almost sounds backwards, usually one would think arcade mode would be the worst of it since they're meant to be quarter munchers.