Starpath Supercharger

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Starpath Supercharger

Post by CRTGAMER »

KalessinDB wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:No the cassette games feed audio signals to the Supercharger which also have been converted to MP3 or CD music tracks that I posted earlier. However (also posted earlier), there are Starpath converted rom A26 files that work with Emulators and the Harmony Cart.
So you say no and then you say yes ;) I knew it was an audio dealy and I knew about Stella Gets A New Brain, however I did miss the fact that you mentioned roms for emulation.

My question was more "If I put the converted roms on the Harmony cart, will they work?" because I know sometimes things that work in emulation dont work on real hardware/flash carts (Exhibit A: 99% of the Mario64 hacks). And it's sounding like the answer is Yes.

You can find the MP3s as well as the converted to A26 Roms online. The Harmony cart matches the Starpath increase in memory size. The original Starpath cassettes on some of the larger games would multi load as the game progresses requiring pressing the play button on the cassette player again. This is similar to C64 cassette games sending the audio signals though that Datasette is controlled by the Commodore computer. The Starpath converted A26 files are individual "tape load" levels just like the MP3s that match the "levels" of the original cassette. Some of the multi load games have been combined to a single A26 file.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425